Customs: Custom Jumpstarter Ideas?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Methusalen, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Hello all,

I have a question for some of the creative ones on the boards...
    At last year's Dairycon, they announced a "Custom Jumpstarter Races", where we were allowed to customize a Jumpstarter (Twin Twist or Topspin)... I took 2nd place with my figure (a figure that was parts-swapped, with the better of the two motors I had between the two I had)... Sadly, I was beaten by someone using the McDonald's Armada Starscream.

This year, I'd like to modify a G1 Jumpstarter with a one of those miniature remote controlled car motors from something like this; but don't know the best way to get him to 'jump' (or at least; make him come to a stop, press a button, & stand up)...

I don't know if it'd be something allowed the FOLLOWING year due to a change in the rules because of my (hopeful) success this year, but I'm hoping that the novelty of a remote controlled Jumpstarter gets a few chuckles (and my 1st Place win)!

Any ideas?

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This:

[​IMG]

+ this:

[​IMG]

= WIN

Attached Files:

3. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    The only *real* issue that my friend & I are having is trying to figure out HOW to get the figure to 'stand up'... We can drop the motor in, and if we eliminate the ability to turn; we might be able to rig that to trip the little clip that holds the legs in place...

However, we don't want to leave the figure's ability to jump up on his feet to chance... We're thinking trip the legs (which flip out by a weakened spring), but then we need some kind of 'lever-action' device to push him upright... But can't figure out just how to pull that part off...

4. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Rc car mini servo?

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: