Customs: Custom In Planning Stage. Using ROTF Voy Megs. Need help.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Would it be possible to swap out ROTF Voyager Megatron's right arm with one from Voyager Optimus Prime from either the first or the second movie?

Also how would I go about making a place for Prime's 2 guns to attach to the top of Megatron in alt mode giving him 2 top mounted cannons?

Thanks for reading.

2. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm finishing a custom with almost those exact same changes. In place of swapping arms, I cut the 'hand' section off of the left arm, added bulk and gave him scratch-built articulated two-joint fingers. I think the TF1 arm would work, but the fingers look silly.

For the back cannons from the production art (why Prime's cannons?), I used some cannons I had left over from some miniatures, added parts and such, then pinned them into the alt-mose back where the little rings are to the side of the main 'hump'.
    There's a good divit there to drill out, so bigger cannons could work, too.

With Prime's cannons, sounds like you may be leaning towards Blitzwing?

3. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I plan to repaint him completely. Not using the cannons to recreate his production art or anything. His paint scheme will be dark gray and purple with his face maybe painted white with detailing. The cannons from OP I want to use as his guns and his cannons for his alt mode.

He's not Blitzwing either though I could see where you'd get that from with ROTF being a faux triple changer and all.

The character I'm going for had a dark color scheme of dark gray and purple, had 2 rifles that became cannons in his alt mode and he was in a subgroup that was not featured in the G1 cartoon but was in the G1 comics.

Any guesses?

guess no one has any ideas. Making him into Skullgrin.