Customs: Custom IDW Metalhawk

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ultra Brevis, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Ultra Brevis

Ultra Brevis State-employed peace-keeping agent, yes???

Does anyone else think the botcon metalhawk might be a repaint of rotf strafe?

I saw the way he was portrayed in The Death of Optimus Prime, and instantly thought the mold was perfect.

Easy repaint for you guys, no?

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I could use some pics of what you're talking about. Strafe? Do you mean the Mindwipe repaint? Was there a "death of Prime" story in IDW? I never read it.

3. Ultra Brevis

Ultra Brevis State-employed peace-keeping agent, yes???

pics

I just remember reading that Strafe was a particularly small voyager, and it has that cybertronian jet vibe going on, the arm wings and sleek, angular look.

I know Cyclonus looks more like the G1 toy, but Strafe looks like a good update to me as per the look in the idw comic.

I've bought one to repaint anyway.

Attached Files:

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    would love to see someone do this :D 

5. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

PrimulArchangel made a G1 version of the figure... figured it'd be interesting.

6. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I did a custom along these lines not that long ago

7. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I made one out of a classics Cyclonus not too long ago. It's not great but I like it.

03- Final Coat and Ears Cut.jpg

8. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Since this thread has just turned into spamming everyone's custom Metalhawks (not that that's a bad thing, mind you) I'll join in. Here was my Animated Metalhawk, which fits in better with the IDW version given the extremely thin limbs due to Animated's styling.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...ation-s-l-v-g-e-4-deuteros-aka-metalhawk.html

(can't post pics since I'm on a crappy iPad)

To get back on topic, I think Strafe does work for Metalhawk, as it has the evilness of Mindwipe and yet Strafe has proven that the angular stylings can work for a good guy (though why strafe, I don't know, when they could have given it to someone like Metalhawk in the first place). Would I expect it in the Botcon set, hell no, it's too big for this year's set and they're not exactly known for doing the same characters across two years. But it would make an interesting custom, maybe you could commission someone to make one. I just worry the upper body would be slightly too bulky for Metalhawk.