Customs: Custom ideas

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by gambit020480, Jul 11, 2011.

1. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    Since Hasbro has so graciously decided to NOT make any other G1 minibot in scout size except for Windcharger, Huffer, Beachcomber(ROTF), Powerglide(DOTM), and Hubcap, I have took matters into my own hands by planning to create most of the G1 minibots. The only exceptions I am making is Classics Bumblebee/Cliffjumper. I like thier deluxe figures so I am keeping those two deluxe size. And Cosmos cannot be done because no one could fit him correctly. His Legends will fill in until Hasbro comes thru with a deluxe or voyager of him.

Some will be fairly simple and most will just be repaints with some simple modding to make them different from the mold siblings. Check out my ideas and drop your OP or ideas please! Thanks!!

Brawn - Firetrap repaint, brighter green

Outback - Firetrap repaint, tan & beige

Gears - Breacher repaint, red & blue

Tailgate - Breacher repaint, red & white

Pipes - PCC Huffer repaint, blue & remove pegs

Swerve - Windcharger repaint, white

I actually thought about calling Hubcap Cliffjumper and repainting "Hubcap" yellow to reflect his G1 color, but I I did that I need a Bumblebee scout and I have no idea who to use. Thus the reason why I kept Hubcap as the only rep of the mold and kept CJ and BB as deluxes.

Ideas?

I have a couple of deluxes I have made or am working on now. I started just creating Cliffjumper to avoid the $75+ price tag on him. Plus he is an easy repaint of RTS Bumblebee, plus he has his proper head from WFC CJ! Let me know what you think here too.

Springer - repaint of Tomahawk (who doesn't agree this should have been the case in the first place....Hasbro!)

Ricochet - repaint of RTS Jazz (who else thought of this one?)

Blaster - repaint and mod of WFC Soundwave, head swap, possibly RTS Perceptor? Autobot rub symbol sticker placed over decepticon decal on chest, possible removal of claw arm on chest.

Reflector - repaint and mod of RTS Perceptor, head swap, possibly exchange with WFC Soundwave? Not sure yet on this one.

Sunstorm - repaint of Gen Thundercracker

I am not a huge custom maker. I just want to make the ones I am sure Hasbro will probably never do. Since the scout line is probably finished for the forseeable future the scouts above make sense. Blaster and Springer have already been made into shitty voyager class figures and will probably never be done again in the Universe line. And, my Blaster will be the shit if I can pull it off as I see it in my head. Ricochet and Sunstorm are reconned characters and will probably not be remade, but Hasbro likes to reuse the seeker mold so maybe on Sunstorm. But, possibly Ricochet too because Hasbro has yet to cash in a second time on RTS Jazz's mold.

Reflector has actually been mentioned as a possibily of RTS perceptor, so I don't know if I should hold out on him or not. Thoughts?

2. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

I don't honestly think the Brawn repaint is necessary. The Firetrap mold basically is him! Although, I do like the idea of an Outback repaint from that.

3. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:

The green is too dark. And, I have to do something to make him different or I will always look at him and think "yeah, that's Firetrap". I want to do some paint detail to his head too. And remove that plow on the from of his vehicle mode. Then, he will be Brawn.

Outback was an idea while I was actually at Hobby Lobby buying paints for Springer. I did n't have green or yellow yet, so I picked up some new brushes and a tan paint just for Outback. I almost used Bombshock and Steelshot from PCC instead. But, I think Firetrap is more Brawn-ish. Thanks for the comment!!!

What do you think of Breacher being repainted to be Gears?

4. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Ah, fair enough with the Brawn mods then. :) 

I was never too sure what series Breacher was a part of - with that face he didn't look like a movie figure, but then who was he homaging as a Generations figure? (which he must have been a part of if he was with Seaspray who's acknowledged as fitting in to Generations by Hasbro despite the packaging).
    So yeah! A Gears repaint sounds like a good idea to give him a more solid standing in the CHUG series. I don't own the mold so don't know how his head fits into it at all, but I think it'd be a good idea to resculpt his head slightly to git the character more.

5. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    I want to mod him some just to make him different, but not sure yet how. Maybe the head, but the head is unique so I don't know yet. He is already a good shae of blue. Just make some of him red and he is set color wise.

I had to do something as ROTF Gears was not cutting it in my CHUG collection as a stand in. Looked way out of place. And since Hasbro created the scout/commander price point just for the movies and the CHUG lines have had only Legends/Deluxes/Voyagers we have proably seen the end of that size class after DOTM. Bummer too, because there was real money to be made there.

Windcharger/Swerve will be the hardest one to do, because he is going for $30 in the states. I actually saw some guy in the Phillipines do one of him and it looked good. But they are only $5 there. It will be painful to mod a $30 figure, but totally worth it. I am doing him last though. Practice on the cheaper ones first, right? :) 

6. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    Just an update, I finished my Firetrap/Brawn last night and he is pretty damn good! I ended up taking the other posters advice and lef t the mold colors as they were. He was right about the colors being the same. I did remove that stupid plow though, and used a razorknife to remove the boots on the grille. Looks 100% better. If someone will direct me on how to embed pictures in a post I will upload him.