Customs: custom idea

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by chlokai, May 24, 2008.

1. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

this will be my first custom when the new universe line arrives, Pounch/Counterpounch, think it could work????

Attached Files:

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Need bigger image. But still I think I know what you're using, so I think go for it. It'll be a unique Punch/Counterpunch.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
  4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm sure it could be done. The trick, as Raven kinda mentioned, and as I pointed out in Tekno's thread, making the robot modes suitably distinguishable from each other. Punch is a deep cover agent, and needs to try to avoid any clues that he has another robot mode, particularly in his Counterpunch form, since it's the Decepticons he needs to fool most.

Unfortunately, not having access to the mould yet, I can't really offer much in the way of advice, but again, I'd definitely avoid things like custom paintjobs; since both 'robots' share the same alt mode, it needs to be as nondescript as possible. It only takes one 'Con to notice that Punch and Counterpunch have the same 'unique' paintjob and the game's up - plain colours all round, I think.

Alternate transformations for the legs, if possible, would be a good idea, to help throw off the similarities.

The biggest problem I can think of, though, is having the hands swap over between robot modes, and how to incorporate two alternate heads/faces while keeping the one not in use hidden. Again, it might be relatively easy, depending on the internal structure of the fig, which I couldn't say much about without having it in hand.