Repro/Sticker: Custom G1 Style Universe Micromaster Devastator box

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PrimulArchangel, Aug 18, 2008.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My newest idea for a box.. This ones for the Green micromasters Devastator set from the Universe line.. I only printed and built a test box . Yes i know it would look better in glossy so ya dont have to mention it :p  lol .. It was a bit of a pain to make since i couldnt find any drawn art for any of the figures at all.. Just what looks to be black and white scans of the orginal micromaster figures. So i too a shot at coling them to match devastator.. I may remove them and just place images of the robots in there place o the front of the box..
    I made the custom tech spec for devastator as well as eack of the six bots. If i get any requests to buy a copy of the box i will throw in a print out of all sixe of the other techspecs..
    Just figured i would post this up for now till i get a better version made.. If this goes over well i plan on making Generation One style boxes for the Aerial Bots, Protectobots and Trainbots.

Anyways have a look see at the pics :) 
    Hope you like :) 

-Curt

Attached Files:

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    that is awesome. I wish the little guys were articulated like the boxes front shows.

3. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah me too, its one of my favorite combiners.. I was able to pic up a loose version on the boards here because i had no luck buying him at retail.. My Aerialbots and Protectobots are going to be a little harder to make there cutout spots because mine are still sealed on cards lol ,, ill have to guess i guess lol .. I'll only make those if this box goes over well and people think the other boxes will go over good ..
    Glad you like it :) 

4. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    you can mount the little guys with twistie wires and cardboard to make them stay in place. easier than cutting a foam tray for them.

5. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

this is what i mean

6. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS Sector70: Reformatting... Veteran

fyi I picked up a KO WST devastator at biglots(us) for about $5. they also had this mold , superion, and sixtrain.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the plastic actually isn't terrible, unlike most KO's

7. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I got those also AM, though they aren't the same as Micromasters combiners. the ones you're showing are KOs of the originals...but smaller - and made with really crappy plastic, paint and stickers.

8. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I already have plans to make versions of these boxes to fit the worlds smallest knock G1s like that devastator you have pictured there. I would like to get a version of these if you come across more let me know ill buy a set for 5$ plue shipping off ya .
    But this box isnt for the G1 version of Devastator. Its for this version here.
    [​IMG]

Anyone that is interested in one of these just PM me and ill start a list and let you know when the final versions are ready . :)