Repro/Sticker: Custom G1 Mirage Box with Insert!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PrimulArchangel, Oct 25, 2008.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just finished up my G1 Mirage Test Box. It was a little bit of a pain to make this one because i went for a full size box and not a resized one like i normally do. There is alot involved with making a full size because you have to print everything out on many sheets or paper and then piece it together.
    It came out pretty well though i think. I updated his graphics as usualy cause i like the new art more then the 80's are, and my boxes cant be passed off as orginal boxes if someone was to get one from me and resell it later on.
    He has an insert but im thinking about making a new one for him , im thinking of making something like a Pit Stop like he would be in a Indy Race or something .. Dunno yet though..
    Pics are below :)  have a look and and post what ya think :) 

Enjoy :) 

-Curt

Attached Files:

2. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    why don't you use the original fonts?

3. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those are all the orginal fonts. Where do you see something that isnt the orginal font ? Every bit of writing on there is the exact same font as on my orginal g1 smokescreen box. The only thing i changed was the Main font box art and the top box art. But the fonts were never changed..

4. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Wow. Nice.

5. aurascope

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

this is how the original fonts look like. maybe it's the stretch or something i don't know. the fonts just look a little rounded that's all. It's still nice, don't worry.

6. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At first i thought maybe you were talking about the box art and mistyped FRONT and typed FONT lol
    But yeah they are the same fonts , Eurostyle i believe it is .. Mine just isn't as Bold as the orginal it looks like ,which is good in a way, i dont want mine to be exactly as an orginal. I wouldnt want someone to try and resell something i made and say that its orginal, so i change things up when i can, also why i like to use updated art :) .. I may see if i can find a bolder font though now lol..

7. aurascope

Ebay:
    i'd like to suggest you use the G1 grid like on the outside of the box for the inside...that way it looks like a continuation of the box outside on the insert(like binaltechs). The pit-stop insert is a pretty good idea too.

8. aurascope

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

9. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup already have incerts made with the G1 grid. Im going to offer a selection of inserts to choose from. Once i get a few of them printed up i will make a post with them. Right now im working on a Minibot book style box and will let the person choose what minibots they want on the cover. Each box will hold about 6 figures.. I will also be posting photos of that once i get the one made for my minibots. Was also thinking of a book style box for G1 devastator, The vehicles are small enough to fit into a book style box i think.