Custom firmware PSP owners. I have a few questions for you.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by kronos, Jun 8, 2008.

1. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    Well I have a PSP slim Silver (Jax pack) with 2gig card. I wanna get a custom furmware and found someone that will. for $15 bucks do it for me. And I dont mind the $15 bucks really. BUt I have a few questions for you.

Where can I get homebrew apps (Not emulators)?

Is it really worth it?

Can I still use remote play on the PS3?

This person that im paying $15 too says he will Pandorize (sp?) my PSP. I assume this means just prep it for me to place my own firmware on it. Any recommendations on what firmware to use?

And give me a good list of apps to get?

Thanks a million all!

2. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

1st google is your friend
    2nd to me it was worth it-I got a place to take notes at school, go online on msn, play few great homebrew games, and got a pda, not to mention keyboard usage
    3d yes you can
    4th pandora batery the way we get s2000 psp and s1000 psp with uptodate firmwares into custom,I did one myself looong ago, 15 is agood price though.
    5th dont remember the names

3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

So, the Pandora battery can make a PSP ready for emulators and homebrew? Or do you have to do other stuff to get it ready for that?

4. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    i made several attempts to try and find answers using google. and I got mostly site wanting me to buy this or that. I did find a few sites that tell me how to do it. But nothing that really answered my questions. I love google though. Usually its a great resource. But even the mighty google can be vague sometimes.

Sweet, I think im goina call the guy and have him doit then. I did find a decent site that offers homebrew apps. Thanks again for the reply!

5. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    You can do this yourself if you search it and know what you're doing. I picked up a PSP shortly after it launched, stuck with 1.50FW for quite a while, until that whole GTA downgrade stuff hit. I happened to pick that game up the day it was released, so I had the ability to downgrade, so I upgraded at the time. Since then, I've carefully watched the custom firmware releases and when I've needed to upgrade to play a new game, I've done it, if it suited my needs (still allowed me to play Neo Geo CD, NES, SNES, PlayStation, etc.).

Now I'm running 3.90 M33-2 CFW, if memory serves (haven't played it much in last couple of months or so). I did all of this without the Pandora Battery, using the A/C adapter, the CFW, and tutorials found online. $15 isn't bad to have someone do it all for you, but it's honestly not too hard to DIY.

good luck with it and I hope you enjoy it once it's done (I know I do).

As for homebrew apps and emulators, type in "PSP hacks" in Google and you should find tons of info that should help you.

6. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    It's totally worth it. The psp homebrew library is HUGE. pspupdates.com is a good place to start. They host copies of pretty much every piece of homebrew out there. You'll spend months just checking it all out.

7. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Totally worth the upgrade (downgrade?). I managed to finally cave just a few months ago as I was going the offical upgrade routes. I managed to find a self help site and Pandora-ized my PSP on my own with only a little help from the internets. It is like a brand new machine now. I started checking out PSP-hacks.com and ended up moveing around to other sites from there.