Customs: Custom Energon Shockblast > G1 Shockwave

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by billcosby, Mar 8, 2009.

1. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    Hello,
    I am not very good at this kitbashing thing, so bear with me.
    I was inspired by Frenzy_Rumble's fine work with Energon Shockblast and I wanted to fix mine up the cheap and easy (lazy) way.

I'll worry about the colors later. And I don't need him to have any transforming capability.

I took the mammoth arm cannon off Shockblast and examined the two stubs underneath. I figured there must be some way to attach an arm there and stick on a purple cannon.

I needed a purple cannon. Not wanting to destroy my prized G1 Shockwave, I opted to remove the cannon from Binaltech Laserwave, granted that I could do it by unscrewing and not damaging him, which was successful.

The open hinge-area from Binaltech's blaster didn't fit on Shockblast's tab exactly, so I used a pair of pliers and fingernail clippers (!) to shave the tab down somewhat.

[​IMG]

So as it stands now, Shockwave's arm is not fixed. I can take it off and put in on with ease, but posing with it knocks it off, and it doesn't take much to knock it off.

Any suggestions on how to fix it there, preferably with articulation? I know I could glue it in place, but I'd rather leave it free.

Thanks for any assistance you could offer a beginner to kitbashing Transformers.

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well, first thing is that he needs an upper-arm half. the arm looks shriveled up due to this omission. Secondly, adding this missing part in will also solve your problems. I suggest getting a junker Energon Shockblast, and using the right arm's upper arm and connecting the Laserwave's forearm to that piece. This gets you an elbow and a proper looking arm. :) 

3. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    Excellent advice. Although I'm not sure finding a junked Energon Shockblast will be easy. Obtaining the first I have virtually bankrupted me. Well, not quite.
    Are there any other known 'bots whose arms may swap out easily for Energon Shockblast? Henkei Megatron seems like it may... has anyone tried?

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I used Dropshot's arms, but like RL said, you'll need matching shoulders and that's why another shockblast will come in handy.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I think JinSaotome's done this using both a pair of Classics Voyager Megatron and Optimus arms.

6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i would suggest removing shockblasts entire right arm minus while keeping the entire right shoulder itself with energon barricades entire right shoulder and right arm being sed to replace shockblasts right arm with shockblasts lower right arm mounted battle shield being mounted into place over barricades lower right arm with shockblasts entire left arm being swapped out in the samanner with barricades left arm and shoulder with the purple gun being used to replace barricades right hand

7. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    True, to an extent. You don't necessarily NEED "matching" shoulders, so to speak. You can use the existing shoulders you have on Shockblast and use those same Universe Dropshot arms that F_R is talking about. I used those arms on mine (which is still a WIP), but all I had to do was shave a bit of the round shoulder part on the right Dropshot arm (the arm with the actual hand, not the one the cannon will go on). It just needs shaving down a bit (the rounded part) and if you get it just right, it will fit into the shoulder. Just screw it back together and you're all set. I'll try and get some pics to show you what I'm talking about soon.

So just pick up a Universe Dropshot and you should be all set. Then once you get that shoulder shaved down and put together, you can take the Shockwave cannon and attach it to the other Dropshot arm (I left the fist folded in and used the backside of it to attach a cannon/laser to it). Technically you CAN get matching shoulders and make it easier, BUT at the risk of costing upwards of $10-$20 used (if you're lucky), you're better off just modding the existing Dropshot shoulder (the inside rounded part) and insert that into the existing Shockblast shoulder. Hope it makes sense, bro.

Good luck with it and I'll try to drop some pics soon to help you out.

Edit: here's what I'm talking about. Look at the left arm (the one without the Decepticon symbol) and you'll see the part sticking out, just under the shoulder. That is the part of Dropshot's arm that you'd need to shave down a bit, then it will fit perfectly. (thanks for the tip on using the Dropshot arms, F_R--picked it up from you, bro--just decided to shave it down and use the existing shoulder). Hope this helps some, man.

[​IMG]