Custom DOTM Leader SHOCKWAVE

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by jacerc130, Mar 3, 2012.

1. jacerc130

jacerc130 Well-Known Member

NOW on EBAY!
    Custom Transformer DOTM LEADER SHOCKWAVE | eBay

Shockwave has been referred to as "a computer on legs." This is not far from the truth. Logic rules Shockwave's thought processes and is the source of his every inspiration. He sees emotion as a weakness and a distraction. His cold and calculating modus operandi is supported by his frightening and exceptionally powerful form.

Shockwave is possibly even more powerful than Megatron. Perhaps logic may one day dictate that the time to replace Megatron's flawed, emotion-fueled rule is at hand. After all, the only logical choice for Decepticon leader would be Shockwave himself.

HASBRO has not given us a Leader Size DOTM Shockwave so I decided to make one myself! I got alot of inspiration for this from Encline Designs, those of you in the customizing and collecting community know who he is. Not only did I try to go for an awesome monster look as he had in the movie but improved articulation over the average transformer figure as well.

Alot of different figures went into making this great custom. I used:

2007 Leader Megatron
    ROFT voyager Megatron
    DOTM voyager shockwave
    Custom cast head and ribcage
    Custom cast hand

Tons of articulation done here,

Balljoint waist
    balljoint elbows both arms
    ratchet shoulders and upper arms 360 degrees
    Ratchet knees
    swivel upper thighs 180 degrees
    Balljoint head
    Balljoint writs and hand
    All fingers individual articulation

Many different shades of steel, silver and titanium, with some under tones of tamiya smoke and some light touches of pavo purple to finish him off. He has been clear coated with a gloss clear to give him a bit more of shiny metal look and to help protect the paint job.
    Battery pack is held in place by rare earth magnet as well as the back plate for easy removal and replacement of batteries. Push button on back to operate LED "eye".

Attached Files: