Custom Devastator

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by Bonus25, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Bonus25

Bonus25 Member

I know I know...I'm late to the game with the whole Devastator craze that hit a short while back, but I am infatuated with either buying one or building one myself.
    Considering that the going price to have one commissioned is over 3grand, I figured that I'd just get the figures myself and build it from the ground up.
    I do have a nice list of all the toys that are used in the more popular Devastators, but what I need to know is this: what toy did the waist and upper legs come from...I'm thinking Unicron, but I could be wrong.
    Also, where can I get a good line on what toy was used for his arms seeing how they are so very articulated.
    I know this is going to take some time, but I think that I'm going to have a blast doing it....just watch old Hasbro go and make a nice Masterpiece combiner of Devy here RIGHT when I get done. I see they have a nice Piranacon BBTS excl. for sale now, so why not Devy...
    Anyhow, any help on the legs and the arms would be hot! thanks alot.

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Waist is Unicron and Arms are Primus.Supreme SS has been used for the head before.

3. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    You can find someone to do a custom devy for considerably less than 3k - for a decent customizer, probably around 1000-1500. Who knows, maybe a littles less. If you want a top of the line person to do it, be prepared to wait and, often, pay for the quality you'll get.

Also, have you seen any of the threads regarding TFClub's Devastator that is in the works? We have only seen one piece, but it appears that it will be 6 all new figs that combine into Devy with few if any extra pieces. Being a mass produced (relatively) third party item, it should be in the ballpark of 300-600 for all the figures, but we know very little at the moment.

Good luck if you decide to continue making yours though!

4. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    I suggest contacting Sioce for one.

He's easy to work with, prices are very reasonable and his work speaks for itself...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]