Customs: Custom Devastator WIP/Help thread

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Jeremy.B, Jan 1, 2009.

1. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Thanks for the pdf F_R =D

Not sure if I'll be able to use some of the longer joints, maybe if I cut them down in half and then shave them off to fit in the bot components.
    [​IMG]

This is what I plan to use to mount Demolishor on, trying to see how it best fits. I'm thinking of finding two longer pieces to attach to the back pegs so that they'll hold Demolishor's back in place.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. zfeakye

zfeakye Starscreaming Slut

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    F_R thanks for the PDF!!

Guys i have some enquiries...when it comes to the paintworks, do you sand down the joints and paint them? or is it you paint the bots first then transform them abit to identify where are the parts where the paint comes off then you sand down and touch up?
    cause the painting will add an another "layer" to the bot and when you transform, the paints come off and it really don't look good...

3. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Coming from a beginner, I usually give a light sanding all over all the spots that I'm going to paint, put the figure back together and see what joints need sanding. I'm sure more experienced people have better ways but this hasn't failed me yet.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    exactly this. it also helps to use a good primer (I recommend the fusion camouflage stuff, due to the fact I've left it in some spots which should cause rub, but do not because of this primer)

5. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

6. MoeSizzlac

7. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

8. IoStrisciare

IoStrisciare Member

finally i've managed to at least gather most of the main transformers for the build.

still unable to get my hands on a primus though but i guess thats the least of my problems.

Will an energon combiner connectors work better than neoshifters or kid k'nex? Was wondering if i could use them for the shoulders and knees.

And any hints on how to do a rotating connector base for the torso?

9. MoeSizzlac

The Energon combiner connectors should work just as well as the others. It really all depends on:
    1) what you are used to seeing and using
    2) what looks nice to you
    3) What holds up to the pressure of the joint

I strayed away from the Energon connectors solely because of cost, but I suppose if I had a few more bucks, they would have made it to my combiners as well. It worked wonders for Ptitvite's combiner.

As far as the torso, If you are using the torso of Unicron, try cutting on the dotted line:
    [​IMG]
    This way, all you have to do is figure out a way to secure long haul to the yellow part and the swivel is taken care of.

I hope that helps your answer a little.

10. IoStrisciare

IoStrisciare Member

thanks moe :) 

currently i have managed to assemble together my basic list of parts i figure.

The RID Landfill, Energon Landmine and barricade, a beat up unicron and just managed to get my hands on a primus.

I'm tingling with anticipation.

Using ptitvite's tech specs as a guide for the basic components. Will have to figure out some way to modify the connectors as i cant get my hands on most of the normal stuff.

err... the fusion camouflage primer is under what maker?

11. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Krylon makes the primer, most walmarts have it.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Yeah, I've got everything except Primus and the KO chest plate right now. Oh, and a head to use.

So for it's looking like everything is going to go pretty easy (meaning it'll be quite a bit of work, but not difficult exactly)- except for Mixmaster. I'm thinking this guy is going to be a pain in the butt.

13. IoStrisciare

IoStrisciare Member

that will be a problem...

i have no walmarts in this country haha.

But thanks FR i shall look around my hobby stores and try my luck. At most order online. :p 

The RID heavyload seems to be different from demolisher... is there a reason why no one seems to be using heavyload?

14. IoStrisciare

IoStrisciare Member

i'm in the same stage as u man. But i lack head, chest plate, knees and of course there's mixmaster to custom... i predict i'll be bitching abt mixmaster very soon. :p 

15. sunnyboy

sunnyboy Member

finally found my way in this great thread!

thanks for the tips on combining all those parts...very temp to try it after i manage to gather all the necessary bots..

1 question abt the chest plate...can we just use the original G1 chest plate? will it be too small? as i never see a G1 chestplate before, so i dont know abt the size of it.

and those from master F_R and others....what part should i sarvage to get such a nice chestplate?

16. sunnyboy

sunnyboy Member

for the cement truck part that put on energon barricade.

what scale we looking for? i saw at ebay, they hav 1/50, 1/64 n such....which 1 should i look for?

17. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I used the G1 chest plate (KO version) and extended it wider using Dropkicks bed insert thing with the claw.

18. sunnyboy

sunnyboy Member

thanks for the tips

19. sunnyboy

sunnyboy Member

another thing...i saw there's a nother part on top of dropkick's part...where's that part coming from?

20. blacklion29

blacklion29 Merlion Gestalt

Ebay:
    what did FR use on the upper part of the arms? i know the arms are from primus but the upper portion, i can't figure out where he got those..