Heavy/Scratch: custom devastator chestwing

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Megatron31, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    edit: NOW AVAILIBLE CLICK HERE http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/commissioner-listing-feedback/390263-megatrons31s-arms-depo.html FOR DETAILS

Normally i would just post up in my devy thread, but since this is something that i am going to cast and make availible i wanted to start a thread to see how many others might be interested. it started as something i wasnt going to make for mine, but after holding it up in front of mine I HAVE TO HAVE ONE FOR ME!!!

this was being built for a member here and i thought i would show him some progress. keep in mind this is a WIP and the center section is actually just laying in place which is why its a little crooked

[​IMG]

this is a built from scratch oversized replica of the g1 part (shown in the pics) and has been a true test of my skill as a scratchbuilder, doing the wings was murder!

now there is still a lot of detail thats needed before i can call this thing fin, but i wanted people to see it. (to help motivate me to get it done so i can cast it)

i am also considering doing a set of forarms in this same style but im stuck on following thet animation design or doing like i have with this and just copying the toy in a larger scale.

C&C welcome

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  2. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

I want one!!!

3. kennum1

kennum1 Well-Known Member

It looks great so far. can't wait to see the finish product. I want one too :D 

4. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

This looks pretty damn good bud. I may take you up on one.

5. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

inspirational! can't wait for an update on this one!

6. Megatron31

Ebay:
    thanks guys, i should be able to get some more done over the weekend (wife is going shopping with her mom for some family time)

what do you guys thing about doing some for-arms in this same style?

7. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Aside from telling you to get casting on the gun, and also complaining about huge photos...

...that looks really good! If it weren't for me deciding to scrap my Devastator project, i'd want one of these. Just out of interest, what connector (if any) does it use?

8. Megatron31

Ebay:
    This has what has been keeping me from casting, (that and my hotrod weapon which i may scrap now that venksta has come out with his) i just wasnt ready to reveal it yet, at this stage there is no connector, and i dont really now how to go about either, as the way it would connect to mine probably wouldnt work for the usual build team. so it may just be blank on the back side or alteast have a spot for a 5mm peg on it. not sure

but thanks for the kudo's once this is finished it will allow me to multitask more with other projects (as yours and the hot rod gun are the only other things on my plate after this)

9. Alloy Alchemist

I'd like to see you do some forearms like this,I believe this is robotart's work,sorry to whoever made this if I'm wrong.

Attached Files:

10. Megatron31

Ebay:
    im torn between that and something like the g1 toy for arms

11. Megatron31

Ebay:
    got a majority of the details done now, all thats left is the missle things on the side of the wings and the arches that come off of the center section, i should have an update tonight

and im still torn on the for arms

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  12. Alloy Alchemist

been waiting on the update on the chestwing,i love me sum scratch built stuff! cant wait to see what you do for the forearms,once you decide what style that is.

13. Megatron31

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

that is the picture that sold me on (course devy was all put together then but hey beggers cant be choosers)

little more progress, the center section will be cast by itself and the wings will be split into with some grooves added so it can all be aligned correctly (this way i avoid such a huge mold)

but mostly done i am just having a hard time figureing out the thruster thing that is at the very top of the center chunk

Attached Files:

14. Alloy Alchemist

looking awesome man,i hope when I get around to doing mine it will come out as nice.

15. darktremere

darktremere G1 Fanatic

That is looking nice, I'm looking forward to seeing how the forearms end up turning out.

16. Megatron31

Ebay:
    thanks guys i may start on the for-arms today after work got into a bit of a mess with longhaul after posting those pics (nothing serious i just got a awesome idea

17. Megatron31

Ebay:
    still working out the details here but i got all but 3 parts finished

still needs that jet engine thing at the top of the center section and the missles at thet end of the wings

[​IMG]

hopefully i can get all of that nailed out before christmas and start the molds

for those who are interested it will be cast in 4 molds

one for each wing, one for the center chunk and each gear on the side of the chest will be cast individually (its the easiest way since there is so much detail) and the less prep work i have to do after casting the less it cost for the you guys)

Attached Files:

18. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    Adam I'm so wanting one of those

19. Megatron31

Ebay:
    these should be ready to go out after new year, i have this and one other project to work on and im off until the 3rd of january so i should have them done soon

20. kennum1

kennum1 Well-Known Member

It's coming out very nicely. By any chance you can post the dimension? Thank you.