Heavy/Scratch: Custom Decepticons Figure Base/stand

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by pasiondesigns, Oct 11, 2007.

1. pasiondesigns

pasiondesigns Well-Known Member

Custom Evil Decepticon Figure/Base Stand w/free Scorponok

After making a my street base for the BumbleBee Diorama, I have been playing around with some ideas. Here is an outdoor rock-ish terrian bases. that you can display one of your Evil Decepticons with. Simple rugged ground made from sheet rock mud, foam sealer, and speckled paint. The rocks are foam shipping blocks & kitty litter for detail. Painted, sealed, and with a Decepticons logo in the corner.

[​IMG]

For More pics Click here ------ > http://www.passiondesignsinc.com/decbase.html

I have placed this on ebay, so through my website you can find the link! thanks!

2. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Dude that looks pretty freak'in sweet...what are the dimensions...?

3. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    That looks cool!

4. pasiondesigns

dimensions are roughly about 10" X 12" its a noraml pc of plank wood from craft section of walmart lol

5. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks Sweet! Reminds me of the battlefields people would play on when I used to paint Games Workshop Figures.

6. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks a little like a stack of croutons. LOL.

Not bad.

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Just FYI, you might have issues sending this through the mail if you used kitty litter in it. I remember reading recently that kitty litter is very similar, chemically, to substances used in explosive devices, and can sometimes set off alarms at airports and whatnot. It might encounter similar problems going through the mail.

I'm not positive about this, but it might be something to check into if you plan to mass produce these and send them out.

EDIT: Oh, but by the way, very nice work! I really like the idea of the Decepticon symbol painted on to the ground like that. It would make for a classy display! :) 

8. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

The only thing that would make it more Decepticon is if the insignia looked charred. i.e. it was a puddle of fuel (Autobot blood) that was set aflame. Or if you really want it to stand out - purple mirror cut into the the shape of the insignia. That'd be nice, too.

If only I still had pics of my 3' x 6' Autobot city diorama. Must find them...

~Z

9. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

thats cool

10. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That looks pretty sweet, I think it would look a little bit better if the decepticon symbol was on a little different.

11. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Looks really nice. My only question is: did you make this so it would be displayed, alone, or can it link together with, mutiple, blocks and be a complete display. I'm guessing alone unless it's going to be a, zig zag, set with the location of the symbol.

You might want to think about making them "universal" so they could be added, on to. Nice job.

12. pasiondesigns

that is a good idea i might have to what i could do, but for right now just a simple base/stand

I thought so to but it was slightly hard trying to paint logo on un-even ground, and keep clean to a degree ...... i think the old school logo would have been cool

thanks

LOL that would have been cool, might have to tried that on the next one lol

_ sent a allspark with a rock stand thru the mail , never had a problem lol headline ..... man gets arrested for smuggling kittylitter lol

these stacks have less carbs then croutons , so its a cool stand and healthy too lol

kind wear i got the recipe hehe shhhh dont tell anyone hehe

13. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

looks good~