Minor/Repaint: Custom Classics/Universe Ironhide, FINISHED!!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by NexMortuus, May 2, 2011.

1. NexMortuus

NexMortuus Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    3 things....

1. yes it's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D 
    2. i'm not feeling your intro.. it's kinda cocky sorry :( 
    3. and then selling????

3. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Very nice color choices.

4. kdog

kdog Well-Known Member

not to rain on anyones parade. when you post your threads you should be able to intro how you want to. people are started to miss the point these days. its all about the customs. it should not be focus on how cocky the basher is thats only a personal opinion. if you like it thats good and if you dont then say why. i say less po and more focus on the customs.:thumb 

5. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Nice attempt but your paint appliques could use a little more finesse. I suggest more patience (take your time) and thinner coats.

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I'm not really feeling all the black and the paint on the windows seem to be a bit thick and not too smooth. I do like the new hands and the silver on the wheels though. Pretty good job here.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    People can certainly post their threads how they want to (as long as they coincide with the board rules). However, the forum is open for those to respond to what's posted, whether that be the artwork at hand or what someone writes in a post (again, as long as forum rules are followed).

As far as the custom itself, I think it's already been noted that the paint looks a bit thick. Personally, I'm wondering why the brake lights are yellow (other than to give the gold stripe effect from the G1?). I really like the black portions on this one, as it gives the piece a good bit of contrast.

Personally speaking, I think someone can very well look at their own work, and post how proud they are of it. I think Nex here doesn't come across as cocky as I've seen others do in the past. I prefer people just posting their work, telling what they did and how they did it, and then just opening it up for discussion ("I hope you like my work; comments and criticism welcomed!"). I also prefer the artist to have a thick skin when the piece is dissected. If a certain choice is made by the artist that meets with hostility, I like the artist to simply address it, and explain the reason for the choice. Also, if someone takes the time to suggest some kind of improvement, I like to see the artist attempt the improvement (eBay sales can wait for a better custom). Just my :2c: 

8. NexMortuus

G60Force thanks for the comment but i dont think i was cocky just a little excited lol and yes i am selling him but idk on the price if people offer a good price i will sell him.

Superquad7 Thank you thank you very much on your comments much appreciated, yes i know the paint is a little thick its cause of problems while paint drying like little kids touching my paint and leaving smudges so i had to fix it so it some parts came out a bit thick but good still. thanks

9. t.for.transform

t.for.transform Well-Known Member

A few critiques:

- I do like the new hands, while personally not a fan of overly armed Autobots or Decepticons, the new hands do open Ironhide up to more hand-held armament options.
    - I think a clear black would have given a better tinted look to the windows than a flat black cover, same with the tail lights, I think a clear color coating would have made it pop more.
    - I like the racing strips on the hood and roof, gives it a little more character (thinking X-Brawn from Robots in Disguise)
    - I also like the details to the tire rims and the face, Hasbro's factory paint apps had Ironhide looking like he traded heads with a clean-shaven Papa Smurf and Ironhide just doesn't strike me as the type of individual to go frolicking through the woods singing "La-la-la-la-la-la".
    - I think the front grill areas would have been better if they matched the rims.

All in all not a bad custom.

10. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    thnx for the respond... yeah I might have overreacted .. sorry mate!

11. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

I like the idea of toning IH down a bit...all of that red plastic..and the blue face...I've been thinking of repainting IH myself just to kind of add some depth to the figure.

12. NexMortuus

thanks for the feedback im glad you liked it and im glad to hear your input on the color scheme, im still learning techniques so my knowledge of painting is small lol but its getting there, i see you also got the reference in the racing stripes and yes they add a good characteristic to the autobot Ironhide, hahha smurf ironhide lol

13. NexMortuus

its cool man i did not take it in a bad way so yeah lol

14. NexMortuus

thanks you should totally repaint him i would like to see your finished IH

15. t.for.transform

t.for.transform Well-Known Member

I'm actually trying to get my hands on a second Ironhide and a X-Brawn head so I can repaint one of WhiteMocha's digibash concepts...

16. NexMortuus

um really interesting i never seen that concept from whitemocha can you show me