Custom cast Mesterpiece Seeker Head by Jbarb78 and Z

Discussion in 'The Junk Pit' started by Zildjian, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Custom cast Masterpiece Seeker Head by Jbarb78 and Z

Ok.... here are the specifics on the Masterpiece seeker head by jbarb78. We have finalized the specifics for selling the custom cast masterpiece Seeker head. I will cast them and send them out on a first come first served basis, with an expected delivery time of 4-8 weeks after ordering AND having payment received. No exceptions. If for some reason the faces cannot be completed, a refund will be issued. ALL PAYMENTS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF PAYPAL "GIFT" OR BY MONEY ORDER. If you do not want to pay as a PayPal gift additional charges will be applied. When you send payment, make sure to include your screename in the notes section so that I can update the list "PAID" here and also PM me your address.

All head swill have some cleanup needed to them (removal of minor flashing and mini bubbles, as well as some light sanding). Heads will pop directly onto the existing ball joint. Heads will be cast solid and clear colors with the following cost breakdown:

- Solid (black, white, gray, amber) $13.00 shipped in the USA
    - Clear (red, blue, yellow, green, orange, purple) $15.00 shipped in the USA

I think that just about covers everything. All prices include shipping costs to the United States via first class mail. Larger orders will require additional shipping costs, and international shipping will be quoted when requested.... but it is NOT cheap unfortunately.

All payments IN THE FORM OF PAYPAL "GIFT" can be sent to: info@customsbyz.com. And again, when you send payment, make sure to include your screename in the notes section so that I can update the list "PAID" here and also PM me your address.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the quick tutorial on how to modify the seeker body to make the head fit..... pretty easy!

So here we go, this will be quick and painless folks. What you'll need:

- Exacto keyhole saw (or equivalent), or your Dremel and a cut-off wheel
    - Krazy glue or plastic welder

You'll notice the seeker on the top has a little bridge piece that joins the 2 sides together just behind the fuselage. This part will prevent the head from passing between when rotating back to alt mode, it needs to be removed. When done, it should look like the one below. Basically you are removing the part in th red circle and gluing it to the area indicated by the green arrow.

[​IMG]

Take your saw or your Dremel, and cut roughly in-line with the chrome hinge beneath, try not to cut it flush with the side though, this is where the fuselage clicks into place.

[​IMG]

Flip it over and cut the bottom side as well.

[​IMG]

Sand down the part where you made the cut on the "bridge", and glue it to the part on the hinge like so.

[​IMG]

Now this part should flip forward and still cover the head in alt mode like so.

[​IMG]

Your new head should pass between the hinge with no problems.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any new pics of painted casts?

3. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

PLEASE, PLEASE make some conehead heads to fix iGear's Shrunken Heads!!

4. WrongTurn

WrongTurn King of the Impossible

News Credits:
    Guys - how much to ship to the UK?

5. Primez

Primez Banned

I will be ordering a few of these. How long will you be making these for? Thanks.