Customs: custom cassette idea?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by chlokai, Apr 9, 2008.

1. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

has anyone succeeded in making custom cassettes for mp3 soundwave?

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Certainly not that I'm aware of. But is there even space inside the chest for a cassette? I thought the inside was dedicated to a Flash card holder or something...

3. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

yeah, there is only room for a flash card. Is that what you meant? While i would love to see one, I dont' think anyone would be willing to gut a MP3 Soundwave. But maybe that's becasue I love that little thing, player problems or not. :) 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    if you can get a card for cheap enough, you could modify that into a "cassette" for him, I suppose. Maybe something along the line of WST Ravage?

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

You'd better have bloody good eyesight and precision tools, then. From what I've seen, the card in those things are barely 2mm thick. Here's a pic of the inside of Soundwave's chest; I'm not sure, but I have a feeling the sightly goldish line is the memory card.

6. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Actually, it's the black space between the greanish area on the door(circuit board) and the door. there is no card in that pic.
    Ramrider is right, it's freakin' thin and would have to be like WST ravage. If you do that be careful not to make it the same size as the card and be shy of the contact points at the bottom. If there is specific pic you want let me know.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That was the other option. :p 
    Is even Ravage that thin? Even if it is, it's not exactly detailed. So while I think it'd be very cool if you could make cassette bot s to fit, I don't think you'd be able to make anything too fancy.

8. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

i was thinking along the lines of taking away the mp3 part and minicon sized bots to go inside (not sayin i'm going to try it myself)

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

In that case, it might be feasible. Can't imagine many people would be daft enough to buy an MP3 Soundwave and strip out the parts that make it work, though...

Not many, but probably not none...