Custom Capes

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Dai-Guard, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Dai-Guard

Dai-Guard Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Jin Saotome's descripion for this Batman custom mentions thin clear vinyl sold at Walmart. Softening it with a hairdryer will allow you to put it into a different pose.

3. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've used sportcloth (or cheesecloth) soaked in thinned down Elmer's glue for vinyl kits of Spawn and Batman in the past. I also did one for a Spawn 6" figure and it worked well.

4. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

i think that article you linked too would be a pretty good option. i've done a cape before for a Spawn figure I made, but i used a combination of spray starch and slightly thinned down white glue burshed on the inside of the cape (my theory being if it discolored the cape, it'd be on the inside where there are shadows, which is also why i didn't thin it down to much, didn't want it soaking through the fabric) and that worked fairly well. problem wiht that is it was a larger figure (around 10" tall, made from paper mache) and it was static, so that doens't translate as well for you.
    I like the idea of putting wires in it, less permanent, and you can tweak it until you get the look you want. hope that helps...

Randy!

5. Dai-Guard

Dai-Guard Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I'll try the wire option I found. This is for a six-inch Movie Masters Batman Begins, by the way. A nice, big wired cape should give him some cool display options like a gliding and a wrapped-around-him pose easily. And the vinyl is a nice idea, but having to use a hairdryer to change poses sounds annoying.