Custom Bumblebee helmet/Bluetooth gaming headset: Crazy or cool?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Kryptaos, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Kryptaos

Kryptaos Member

Before you tell me "Kryptaos, why don't you just buy the Studio Series Bumblebee helmet because it has Bluetooth?" Yes, I know it exists. No, I do not plan to buy it, I want to take on this myself. Besides, I don't think the Studio Series one can do Bluetooth calls, it can only play music and do voice changing.

So I have the ROTF voice mixer helmet and an old pair of Bluetooth headphones, the headphones need some re-soldering but they should work after that . I have this crazy idea to modify and transplant the headphone electronics into the Bumblebee helmet because it has a microphone and internal speakers that could certainly use a bit of an upgrade (the included sounds are quite annoying). Is this idea too insane or do you think I could actually make it work? I'm thinking the buttons on the side could be repurposed into volume control and power buttons and the switch could be where the microUSB socket goes.

My end goal is a functional Bluetooth headset that I could potentially use for gaming (voice chat included). It is probably going to be uncomfortable and very hard to build but if I can get it to work then I'll officially have the coolest-looking gaming headset in the world.

So should I try to build this? Or is it a bit too crazy?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Please use Creative General Discussion for asking members whether or not to take on a project, advice, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darkshift

Darkshift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I say go for it, it can only be a blast to use once done! If you’re feeling it needs a little oomph, give it some nice paint.

• Like Like x 1
  4. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes!

5. SideWays2247

SideWays2247 Well-Known Member

Creative General...

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    ....and we're here. I think my Internet connection hiccuped when I initially moved it. If you see something that needs moved, please report it instead of posting about it though, thanks.

• Like Like x 1