Non-TF: Custom Animated Venom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by crusader_x, Jul 7, 2008.

1. crusader_x

crusader_x Autobot Psi-borg

http://www.firebladecomics.com/customs/animatedvenom.html

So I took a look at the new Animated Spider-man figures that just came out, particularly Venom because he's one of my favorite characters of all time. But although I thought the new style was interesting, he seemed anything but scary. After all, he had little stubs for teeth! Something needed to be done about this. I sculpted him a new set of deadly chompers, as well as enhancing his eyebrows to make him look more sinister, then I lengthened and sharpened his claws. And finally I decided to sculpt on his chest and back spider, instead of just painting it on, making it look like a bony protrusion. Having never watched the animated show, I had no clue why Venom was painted in a metallic blue, so I gave him the classic black and white treatment. Next I decided to give him a line of "web shot" that attaches to the back of his right hand and is made from craft wire and hot glue. Finally, he needed a nice base, something of an alley scene where he can throw down with that bothersome webslinger, Spider-man!

Attached Files:

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh yeah.....100% better!!....sweet job :thumb 

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    wow the blue does look bad *L* nice job.

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Awesome stuff! Great job on Venom, a BIG improvement! :thumbs2:  Man, I gotta start doin' dioramas, they really enhance the figure!!:thumb 

5. JAFOPrime

JAFOPrime All work and no play.....

I was a huge Venom fan long ago myself, having every apperance before the whole Heroes reborn thing, and numerous toys. Anyway.. I like what you did. Black and white are the only way to color Venom and the work on the Spider's looks like Venom should, before Erik Larsen drew him to be a slobbering fool.

Great job, I love it, if I didn't say it.

6. crusader_x

crusader_x Autobot Psi-borg

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback, glad you like him