Customs: Custom Alternators

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by fateastray, Jun 30, 2009.

1. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Hi,

I was wondering why there are so few Custom Alternators. I just got my hands on a new Alternators Tracks (For only 14 euros!) And I was thinking of repainting him, but I found that there's not all that much to repaint. Maybe his alt-mode could use a new blue and his face could use a touch-up. Is that the reason? That most Alternators are already very nicely painted?

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I think there are a lot more Alternators/Binaltech customs than you realize. Here's a link to the customs found here in the Radicons Customs Gallery (and there are other TF forums with plenty of these customs). Can't wait to see what you do with yours, man.

Alternators/Binaltech - Customs Gallery

3. fateastray

Oh! I just did a forum-search and only a few popped-up. Thanks for the link!

I also ordered a KO prowl (US version) this morning. I got inspired by the decepticon squadcars Superquad7 did.

I actually am considering painting Tracks like this:

Attached Files:

4. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    It's just that the Movie, Classics/Universe, and Animated lines are the current lines right now. A few year or two ago you would see so many Alt/BT custom threads.

Oh yeah, and people who do Alt/BT customs usually don't just "add minor details", but turn the base figures into totally different characters altogether. Like hXcpunk23 said, check out the custom galleries. :) 

5. fateastray

Yeah I saw some just now, I was blown away by the Bumblebees O_O. I'm no kitbasher though >_> And I don't have the material, I picked a few ideas though, and I hope the community will react well when I've gotten far enough so that I can post my progress. =)

If you can assume an Alternator is a voyager-class, it bests the movie voyager class by far, only outshone by the Leader-class robots.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    :)  I'm very honored that my work has inspired another artist. I can't wait to see what you come up with. :thumb 

Just so you know, even with all of the varieties of customs we've seen over the years, the Alt/BT customs gallery remains our largest. :wink: 

7. fateastray

Ok, I got a nice copper color, but I smudged a little on the windscreen....What can I use best to get that off? Dip my pencil in some rubbing-alcohol? I have some old medical alcohol, is that the same stuff?

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, Alts are still a popular custom TF medium, it's just hard as hell to get some of the Alts or even KO's for some customizers outside of getting them through the Junkion exchange (although GenZhao does have a very nice selection of Alt./BT KO's, and a whole variety of other TF KO's for sale at that). I personaly have a great custom planed for the Alt. Mustang mold...

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits: