Customs: Custom Alternators questions

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Skywave, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Since I got my display shelf last week-end for my Alts collection, I though about beefing up the Cons army since they are so few in number ( I have 6 of them, missing 2, and MP-05 pre-ordered).

After seeing many customs here, I've seen numerous Stunticons, and some Predacons, and these are the one I'd want to get (Stunticons first).

But I got a dilema: what car mold to use fo each of them ? I'd like to know what people think of, or what they have done. Motormaster will be a Ram, and Decepticharge will play the role of Drag Stripe. And after seeing that Mustang Razorclaw from someone here (sorry I forgot who made it), that to is decided. Other then that I'm a bit clueless at what direction to go.

Should Alts Dead End be Dead End or Wildrider (of wich he more match the color) ?

Also, heads will probably need to be changed/swaped on most of them, sugestuon here too will be appreciated!

2. skidsinlimbo

skidsinlimbo Well-Known Member

Sculpt Bot does a very nice set of Stunticon heads

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    A couple of suggestions:

If you're wanting to specifically make the Stunticons and/or Predacons (or another character/group), you're on the right track: keep searching out the work of others to gain inspiration. Many artists have made a lot of these customs, so you have a lot of good work to draw inspiration :) 

If you're main motive is to simply "beef up you 'con army," well now the floodgates can open. I've been doing this for a while with a number of different characters and groups (click my sig :wink: ). I've really gotten into creating my own Decepticons (and Autobots for that matter). It's totally been a blast for me! When I finished my Alternators Seekers, my factions were dead even in number :thumb 

I hope that helps some :D 

4. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Alternators Dead End = Wildrider
    Honda S2000 = Dead End
    Ford GT = Drag Strip
    Corvette = Breakdown

Those are my suggestions for bodies. As for heads, I'm not really sure. Their heads were freaky in the cartoon and practically identical on the toys...

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    While I still find myself calling the Decepticon S2000 "DECEPTICHARGE" and "DRAG STRIP" interchangeably, I have no problem at all with him as a "Drag Strip".

As for Dead End, I'm actually cool with him looking like a black Sunstreaker. Given his G1 persona, what could make him any more depressed as a Decepticon? How about looking like an Autobot? Well, it entertains me anyways . . . :lol 

I have a bit of a different take on Alternators Wildrider:

alt mode:

[​IMG]

robot mode:

[​IMG]

As for Breakdown (or as Hasbro as well as myself in conjunction with their decision use "BRAKEDOWN"), I use the Viper mold:

alt mode:

[​IMG]

robot mode:

[​IMG]

[*spoiler alert!: I'm getting ready to update you guys with my new Brakedown as a "Binal Tech"]

As for Motormaster, I'm still working out the kinks right now for my choice because he's always been one of my favorite characters. Also, my decisions on an Alternators Megatron is interplaying with that as well.

Anyways, as of right now, these are my decisions up until this point. Detoru gives some good suggestions, and as I said earlier there are quite a few sets of customs of our favorite Decepticon racers out there. :D 

6. Skywave

Thanks everyone so far :) 

I found back one of the thread that I saw wich inspired me a while ago

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=153186&highlight=stunticons

What I like about those, it's that there's no major body repaint :D  The bad thing is that there's no chance I'll buy a Swerve for that, the price is way out of my league in this case. I'll probably end up buying a Nemesis Prime though if I get the project underway. And the other red car already got their mold used on another character, and I'd like to avoid that for each group if possible. But between two mold of the same car, and a whole body repaint, I might go for duplicate mold.

Also here's the Razorclaw I saw that got me interested in making the Predacons

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=151579&highlight=predacons

I didn't had time to get through the whole topic tonight, but looks like there's some more idea in there :D 

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I hope you put a little more detail in yours than in the thread you referenced. They do indeed look sharp, but they also feel like there's somethig missing, and that's lack of paint aps. good luck.

8. Skywave

Yes I might detail them a bit more, maybe design some sticker for them, but as of right now I'm looking for idea on what car mold to use first :wink:  So far I like Sy-Rein take on Stunticons, and I might go that way, except I'll have to find a substitute for Swerve, I'll probably use a Subaru or a Mazda instead of a Corvette.

It should be soimething like this

Motormaster - Ram (I'd like to use Nemesis for it, if money allow it)
    Dead End - Viper (stock Alt, I like him as is, so he'll switch color with Wilrider)
    Breakdown - Mustang (maybe get rid of the strip, and add more G1ish sticker)
    Dragstripe - Honda (stock Decepticharge most likely)
    Wildrider - Mazda/Subaru (gearing toward a Mazda for now, using Meister)

9. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    'course...if you really want to beef up your cons...you don't have to assume G1...

*ahem*

[​IMG]

But, if you are stuck on the G1 Stunticons, in my opinion, here's what you should go for:

Dragstrip - Alternators Mirage
    Motormaster - Alternators Optimus Prime
    Deadend - Alternators Deadend
    Wildrider - Alternators Prowl/Camshaft
    Brakedown - Alternators Sideswipe

again, just personal opinion...but I think you can do better than the stunticons...

10. Detour

News Credits:
    I just have to say that using Decepticharge as Drag Strip doesn't make sense... See, Drag Strip is a Formula 1 car. Granted, those don't exist in Alternators, but the Honda S2000 is only good for downhill mountain racing (you know, that Initial D stuff), it doesn't particularly fit the character. Now a monster car like the Ford GT, that'd fit Drag Strip to a T.

PS: Squall, your Alternators Megatron kicks ass.

11. Skywave

I'll stick to G1 because that's the only generation I know :D  My title say it well, I'm still a noob with TF in general ;)  So that's why I won't go farther than G1, and even then mostly pre-movie, with the exception of Predacons if I make them.

superquad7 sugested the seekers, but I include Masterpiece with my Alts, so I'll eventually have them in jet form. I have an idea for Soundwave, but I don't want to start with him :p 

The Stunticons being car in the first place make it easier for my first Alts customs, and since Dead End is already here, I want to give hime some friends :D  And I've though about a MP Prime to make a nice Motormaster, but I'd need to get one real cheap (a Hasbro one, accessory-less would be perfect). Then maybe they could combine .... Ok maybe I can't do that but that would be wicked :eek: 

And I understand people saying Dragstrip = Ford GT, but I personally don't associate a real car performance with the actual Transformers capability :)  I also need some incentive to buy Decepticharge :D 

12. Detour

News Credits:
    But the Ford GT is even prone to overheating... just like Drag Strip!

13. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Here's my shameless plug on the Stunticons

[​IMG]

I used Meister for Breakdown, Prowl for Wild Rider, and Prime for Motormaster. Prime also has a Sideswipe head.

Dead End and Dragstrip were done. He's Dragstrip no matter what hasbro put on the box.

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    :D 

Alternators Soundblaster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I call your Soundblaster and raise you a Soundwave. :D 

[​IMG]

16. skidsinlimbo

skidsinlimbo Well-Known Member

There's always Yellow Tracks as a Dragstrip substitute

17. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    You are correct....and right now, I think he is one of the cheapest BT's you can get, or you could just paint Alt Tracks yellow....

I think WarMachine made an Alt Dragstrip from a yellow Tracks....came out pretty sweet too

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Hehe, nah, I'll just call your Soundwave and raise you Soundblaster!

[​IMG]

:lol 

:D 

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    wow *shakes head*

20. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Theres always the insecticons - Ravage (v1) with a repro Swerve head and some yellow makes a good Shrapnel, and I've got an Acura with custom head as Kickback. Working on Bombshell. For other decepticons I've got a Galvatron, Sixshot, Runabout, Runamuck, 3 Predacons, Hun-Grrr & Stunticons (Nemesis Prime with new head and to have decals as Motormaster, Deadend as himself, Decepticharge as Dragstrip, and two coming soon that are being made for me - Wildrider from Camshaft & Breakdown from the GT). The ram also makes a good Soundwave ( & the engine can be modded to make Laserbeak) and then there is Rumble into Frenzy.
    Hope that helps

JL