Custom alternator

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by chocula78, Jul 13, 2006.

1. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I drive a Ford Escape and think that would make a swell alternator. I don't think one exists, so I want to make a custom one.

I need your guys advice. What current alternator should I destroy to make the custome one? I think an OP alt would work best because the two are similar. Many of you gasp at the idea of destroying an optimus prime alt, and it's a little hard for me to swallow too.

For the escape bits, should I make them from scratch (really hard!) or buy a 1/24 scale model and use it's pieces? I have access to my university's machine shop, so I have the tools on hand.

Lemme know what you guys think!

2. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Asking in the Kitbash forum would be alot more helpful for you.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Start HERE. If you need additional help, www.tfmaster.com is probably the best place to go for Transformers kitbashing tips & tricks, although I figure if you ask people in the Transformers kitbashing forum here, you'll also get some help. I don't mind answering questions, if you get really befuddled.

4. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Whoops, didn't see that one. Sorry guys, move the thread if you please. :dunce