Custom 1:24 Scale TF Movie Swindle by timshinn73

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by timshinn73, Oct 24, 2009.

1. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Custom 1:24 Scale TF Movie Swindle

Here's my maquette style figure based on the TF movie video game Swindle/Decepticon drone and the 2007 TF Movie Deluxe Class toy. Made from a 1:24 scale 2004 Pontiac GTO AMT/ERTL plastic model kit and Legos. I used modified Lego & Exo Force parts for the skeleton of the figure. The plastic car kit was cut into hundreds of individual robot parts, test fitted, sanded, cleaned and attached to the skeleton. Most of the outer car shell was cut, sanded and painted before final assembly. The hands are modified Spiderman movie Doc Oc hands. Custom Swindle plate decals were also created for this one of a kind figure. I tried to come as close to the game and toy transformation as possible as well as the overall movie look with a little Alternators flavor thrown in for good measure. It does not transform, but it is very articulated (20+ points) and poseable. Think of it as a highly detailed Action Master or Movie Robot Replica. Or an articulated maquette. This figure stands at about 10 inches tall. In 1:24 scale, that puts him at about 20 feet in the real world. Although it doesn't transform, I wanted it to look like it could. I was hoping to retain a lot of the Swindle toys visual cues while preserving the overall movie robot look with a little boxiness thrown in for old times sake. My goal was to use every piece of the car model kit and I came as close as possible, I think. Only a tiny bit of scraps were left over. A little bonus is in his head. Literally. There is a small white button on the top of his head. Pushing the button activates his glowing red eye. Great care went into the planning, construction and painting of this custom. Although it is very posable, this is not a toy. Just like a traditional plastic car model kit, it should be treated as a display piece only. I recommend this for adult collectors only.

[​IMG]

Work in progress pics can be found here: 1:24 Scale TF Movie Decepticon Swindle Radicon Thread

Thanks for taking a look!

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Tim does amazing work guys.....get this if you can.

Good luck on the sale man.

3. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Thanks for your kind works, PK. :) 

4. ROTF Sideswipe

ROTF Sideswipe Well-Known Member

You do do good stuff, from the looks of that beauty. Too bad I don't have enough money to but it. :( 

5. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Thanks! It's still cheap! Never hurts to try!

6. timshinn73

Ebay:
  7. timshinn73

Ebay: