Curious: New Blu-Ray of TF1?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by artiepants, Dec 11, 2010.

1. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    Has there been any word/noise on if we might get a new TF1 DVD around the time TF3 comes out? I remember hearing that Bay wasn't very happy with the transfer of the TF1 Blu-Ray (which i believe was just a re-encode of the HD-DVD). I was kind of surprised they didn't do a new version for a 2 pack when TF2 came out on Blu-Ray.

so yeah, just checking if anyone who hangs out on Bays board or is more into AV has heard anything... Thanks in advance!

2. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

You heard wrong; there's never been report to my knowledge of Bay being unhappy with the transfer of the first film to blu-ray. And there's no possible reason for him to be unhappy with it anyhow. The transfer is flawless. Five out of five stars from blu-ray.com for both picture and sound.

3. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I saw the Title and wondered about the '86 movie on Blu-Ray. Not to take away from the thread but has there been any talk about putting the cartoon onto Blu-ray? Or did I miss it?

4. artiepants

News Credits:
    Oh, Really :-/ dang, i thought i remembered reading a br.com (or another similar site) review back pre-ROTF that said it was full of smear and noise (which is why i've never gotten it). weird. What was i smokin'? :p 

5. artiepants

News Credits:
    good grief, after reading that review i'm like literally kicking myself in the pants for never picking it up.

6. Mr Happy Squid

Mr Happy Squid Well-Known Member

It's already out! Well it is in the UK cos I got it! :)