Curious About This... (Thread About Mirage)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BAMC18, Apr 10, 2011.

1. BAMC18

BAMC18 Well-Known Member

Yes I'm sorry guys but this thread is about the Ferrari, Mirage so please don't get mad I really do not want any trouble... These days have been going slow with no big movie news and many of us just ask silly questions....

I'm curious of why a DOTM children's book's title says "Autobots Betrayed!" when the character of mirage was chosen out of a few other autobots for the movie. I saw a g1 show that was about one autobot (can't remember name) accusing mirage of being a traitor. Also what many of you say that the head on a pole (which resembles mirages head from the speed stars) has red eyes. So is it possible that in the movie mirage switches sides to the deceptions, but for a good porpose? (If that doesn't make sense please let me know)

2. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Well what can we tell you? All of this mirage stuff is practically speculation heck the mirage is a decepticon thing was actually a misunderstanding from bay. Not only that but the "autobots betraye" is just a title we don't know what can happen in that novel.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Like Mercedes, I really doubt that Ferrari would have let Bay use the Italia for a turncoat character.

4. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    That's pure speculation, who knows if they're even aware, or if they even care. What we could do, though, is attempt to contact Ferrari on the matter.

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Well some character origins in the movie are extremly G1 ish like jetfire being stuck on earth all these years ahead of the A v D war coming to earth.

I get the feeling they are taken that episode where cliff jumper accuses mirage of being a turncoat and going to use that as the subplot to demise of the movie bayformers franchise.

Its just to easy to put together plus the obvious design queues of being red eyes and all. Its like the nascar bots having mullets you know where they are going with it so quickly.

Its like the movie is meant for 8 year olds but they keep making it to violent for them.

6. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Well if Mirage is the Ferrari and the Ferrari was called "Dreadbox" on set, I'm gonna say he's the traitor.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Seeing as the Ferrari company has to approve the voice, I don't think my assertion is far off the mark.

But Mirage has blue eyes. It's on his box art.

Cheese and rice, why won't this stupid rumor just die already?

8. ambi889

ambi889 Well-Known Member

We don't exactly know if Mirage is the traitor or not. For all we know Dylan (Patrick Dempsey's character) could be the one to betray the Autobots. He is Carly's boss after all. He could be using Carly to get close to Sam and Autobots. Time will tell.

9. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We as fans decided it must be a mistake because the wording was odd. I don't recall anyone ever officially making a correction there.

Then it appeared in a second article complete with brand new picture of Sentinel Prime. Again the fans decided this must be pulled from the old article.

Nobody outside of the key people on the movie actually knows the answer.

Actually as new info stacks up this week it's beginning to look more likely that the bay quote may have actually been accurate. But nobody knows. At least nobody who's talking.

10. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Not entirely. Ferrari is VERY tight with their cars and the media, so far as to send specially tuned cars to media events, have the events in locations that highlight the appropriate cars features, and not even let customers have their own cars. You buy the car, and Ferrari will deliver it to a track if you want to drive it, but you never have possession of it. They are VERY conservative when it comes to their brand.

11. Kenny dude

Kenny dude Banned

Agree

12. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I was thinking it going to be soundwave. Don't ask me why I just have a feeling that he is.

13. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you talking about very specific models of Ferrari here?

Years ago one of my former bosses had a Ferrari, and I can tell you that he did have full possession of it. I guess all I'm saying is could you clarify what you mean a bit more?

14. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper

15. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    I don't see why Bay would reveal the Ferrari as a traitor in an interview. He likes to keep most of the plot details underwraps. It just doesn't seem like something that he would give away. I'm going with the typo theory. Sometimes I think us fans can look to much into something.