Cubex Old Timer - Huff

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Jigga, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Grimmrock

Grimmrock Dinobot

Fixed this for you. ;) 

2. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

He is a great toy, but I do wish he was made with a higher qc level. Worth the money, but although you won't regret him you will feel that he was a wasted opportunity.

3. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Finally shipped my POL with this guy in it and boy howdy is he awesome. It had been a while since I'd looked at pics, but he just delivered the goods across the board. He feels a little...brittle?...and yeah, things don't lock/tab *quite* as nicely as I'd like, but his transformation is super satisfying and leads to good results.

4. Ionus

Ionus Well-Known Member

I got my Huffer. I think I may be the first to have this QC problem (not sure). Mine has a huge paint flake issue right around the eye on the purpley blue part:

[​IMG]

F$cking sucks. :mad 

If it was not for this issue I really would have loved this figure. The mold/sculpt/design is great.

5. metrobot70

metrobot70 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got mine today, transform him right into botmode with no problem, mine has no QC issues, all the joints are tight. He looks amazing with MP's. The plastic is good but not as good as Fansproject or maketoys, still a good quality plastic and feels solid. I can say the plastic is the same quality as Hasbro TFPrime RID line.

6. Ionus

Ionus Well-Known Member

Wow - this really is a crapshoot here. WTF?

I am glad that yours is a-ok bro. It really is an excellent figure despite the q. c. problems that some (mine) seems to have.

7. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Loving this fella.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Better at the ground pound than ironman.

8. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Man o man....I wish people would start realizing that issues can be fixed, thusly making a toy that should be awesome, awesome.

In other words, I got mine today and before I did anything with it, I applied two coats of Future to the chest and thighs (front and back). I also dabbed some polish on all the tabs, and even drizzled some Future into the crevasses of the knee joints.

I can now report that Huff is 100% rid of all his issues.

Wish people would let go of the "I paid xxx for this figure so it should be perfect" mentality. That type of thinking will lead to a life of disappointment.

Anyway, this figure rocks; glad I finally got it.

9. T4LIFE

T4LIFE Well-Known Member

The problem is many of us got the figure with paint flaked off out of the box so this solution doesnt help really.

10. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Problem is some people received chipped figures out of box.

And the problem isn't "I paid xxx for this figure so it should be perfect," it's "I paid for a finished product so I shouldn't have to do DIY fixes to make it functional."

Keep in mind I own Huff and I have done the fixes and love him, but people have every right to be disappointed with the quality. Never in a million years would I have thought a company would mess up something as simple as basic paint applications to the extent that cubex did with Huff. If it were any other figure I wouldn't have even bothered, but Cubex's design and engineering is pretty insanely good in a way that a lot of 3Ps don't match- to me, Huff actually feels like a real, takara designed masterpiece. But only after I do fixes that I shouldn't have to do on a finished product.

11. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I hear ya. But if tweaking a few things here and there means the difference between experiencing this awesome figure or not.... Then I'll tweak. Lol

Either way.... You're correct, he's awesome.

12. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Just ordered mine, and gonna grab a bottle of non-gloss clear coat decal sealant to keep him purdy the second I get him.