CSI Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by OmarJT82, Apr 29, 2010.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Post anything and everything (and I mean "anything and everything") related to the entire CSI franchise. Past, present and future!

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The only one I bother watching is CSI: Miami.

Because Horatio Caine is the Ace of Shades.

YEEEEAAAAAHHHH

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Only one I watch is the original, since Hodges is just so nerdy.

4. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I like the shows, but I am tainted by outside knowledge.

I know someone that actually works as a CSI Lab Tech in Vegas. She's told me before that the biggest issues with the show are that no-one in her lab is that good looking, or widely versed in everything. AND they don't have the 5 minute DNA machine.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    That show is responsible for murderers walking the streets. That's all I have to say about this badly-acted show.

6. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    WTF? :confused: 

Anyway, what does anyone think about this week's newly aired episode of CSI classic titled Take My Life, Please!?

7. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Tonight's episode was pretty good, I rarely make it a point to watch, but I couldn't pass it up with Conway guest starring. He had to be the most non-threatening murderer in CSI history though.

8. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    I only like the Vegas one since I like the cast. I watch it on SpikeTV all the time, but since it's sporadic, I don't know any specific timelines

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Actual forensic technology isn't anywhere near the advancement that it is on the shows. Consequently, jurors have unrealistic expectations of the extent of the abilities forensic evidence, and so a lot of murderers get acquitted as a result of this. Just google "the CSI effect". I don't know a single cop, judge, or prosecutor that likes this show (or its spinoffs) as a result of this. A tragic example of TV affecting the real world.

10. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    TIME TO GET CAUGHT UP!

What did you all think of the following aired episodes:

CSI classic:
    10x21x227 - Lost & Found

Miami:
    08x21x188 - Meltdown
    08x22x189 - Mommie Deadest

NY:
    6x20x112 - Tales from the Undercard

11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Well, you should post Miami and NY in their respective thread, since Omar created one for each.

As for Lost & Found, it was one of my favorite episodes in a while. Lots of plot twists, and some parts are just unexpected. Best of the season.

12. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    HOLY CRAP!!!

How suspenseful was this weeks episode of CSI: Miami (Time Bomb)!!! :eek: 

I was surprised that Stetler was the one who turned out to be dirty as shit! :jawdropper: 

But then again, he had has a serious axe to grind with the team (and especially Horatio) ever since he first stepped in: :crazy: 

• He opened an investigation into Horatio (The Oath).
    • He physically abused Horatio's sister-in-law Yelina (Crime Wave).
    • Investigated Horatio with prejudice after he is falsely accused of police brutality (After the Fall).
    • He arrested Horatio for he murder of a woman he dated even though he was framed for it (Under Suspicion).
    • He arrested Delko for selling marijuana even though it was for his sister Marisol, who was stricken with cancer (Shattered).
    • Fires Ryan for his connection to a gambler/murder suspect (Burned).
    • Investigated Calleigh with prejudice after she is involved in an off-duty shooting, which was justified (Stand Your Ground).
    • Unfairly relieved Calleigh from duty after a video of her holding Delko's "cheat sheet" was released by a notorious P.I./murder suspect (Down to the Wire).
    • Placed Horatio's old nemesis Ron Saris in the Confidential Informant program, which prevented Horatio from arresting Saris for murder and the sale of illegal firearms (Chip/Tuck).
    • And now, in this weeks episode, "Time Bomb", HE was the one who stole evidence in his effort to take down the team, killed Nevins (or Delko) to cover it up, and framed Ryan for it to buy time (which was utterly fucked up). :mad 

Seeing him dragged out of the lab in handcuffs, by Ryan himself, was the best moment of the entire series for me! :rock 

The old saying is true: What goes around, comes around! :ev: 

I hope that he ends up on Death Row and cries before the needle goes down! That fat, ugly bitch!!! :deadhorse: 

13. OmarJT82

News Credits:
  14. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I watch only vegas...sometimes ny...hates miami, can't stand horatio and them f*ckin glasses
    But really its all about criminal minds since grissom left....

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This!

16. OmarJT82

News Credits:
  17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Word.
    I watched CSI since the first episode (glanced at Miami, didn't like NY). Then Grissom left and Larry Fishburne came in. And although Ray is a good character, the show just doesn't feel right any more.
    Then I watched an episode of Criminal Minds randomly, and never looked back.

18. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    FINALLY!!!

Shane Casey is DEAD!!! D-E-A-D!!! :rock 

THANK THE LORD!!! :rock 

I hope that mother****** burns to a crisp in the 9th circle of Hell like his punk brother!

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Heck CSI has led to unrealistic expectations in other fields, you wouldn't believe what some people think photoshop can do.

Client: “I’ve sent the image. I can’t wait to see the final product.”
    Me: “This image is 115px x 148px at 72dpi. Typically we need images around 1000px and higher with around 150+dpi.”
    Client: “Can’t you just Enhance the images like they do in CSI.”

From Glossynews.com: " For the third time in as many days, Chicago Police Department forensic analyst Ted Hatcher confessed to being unable to magically extract high definition pictures from damaged, out-of-focus, and low resolution images. Hatcher’s failure was met with disbelief and disappointment by police detectives and crime scene investigators standing around him in his unreasonably dark forensics lab.

“There’s not a day that goes by that I’m not given a grainy surveillance video, or a Google satellite image, or a picture from an old newspaper and asked to produce a clear crisp image to help them solve some crime or something,” said Hatcher, who has been working for the Chicago Police Department for 12 years. ..."

"Police and prosecutors say fighting crime is more difficult because jurors believe what they see on TV. One defense attorney says the so-called CSI effect is an "insult" to jurors.

With more and more juries demanding fingerprints, DNA and other forensic evidence before they'll find a suspect guilty, those in law enforcement say they have to take the so-called "CSI effect" seriously, and fight against it.

To fight the "CSI" effect, prosecutors are now careful to show jurors that tests have been done, even when the results are negative. In drug cases, for example, a detective will often take the stand to testify that the bags dealers use to sell crack were dusted for fingerprints, even though those tests are usually fruitless."