Crysis!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gigatron_2005, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I have noticed that there is a severe lack of "OMG AWESOME!" for this game on our boards... So in this thread, we discuss Crysis for the PC.

From IGN's page: http://pc.ign.com/objects/694/694190.html

First off, this game is made by Crytek, who made Far Cry. So Im already listening just by the game's pedigree. It will run in DirectX 10 and looks just crazy awesome. Here is a comparison between Crysis and real life: http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=comparison018mx4df.jpg

And videos to check out:
    http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2509

Now for the downside... its for PC($$$$)... its for Direct X 10($$$$)... and so its going to cost you alot to play. But I'm itching to buy a new computer just for this game (and a nice excuse to get Vista). Im hoping this game is going to be amazing, and I also hope to have enough money for a nice new computer when the thing comes out. :p 

Discuss!!

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Far Cry bored me to tears. I'll give this a look if they have more then 2 level designs this time round, but no sale if its just another endless cycle of wandering througth jungle and clearing out concrete buildings.

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I'm afraid there's no way in hell I'll be able to afford a computer that's able to run that game. Oh well, maybe it'll be ported to PS3.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Looks pretty, but I won't be getting it. Yeah, I'm a PC Gamer, but I hate most FPS's.

That said, it does look fantastic. It makes me excited for the new crop of PC games next year one DirectX is up and running with all the new games.

5. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Next year is all about Supreme Commander as far as I am concerned.

The only way you could make an RTS with more awesome combined arms carnage then Total Annihilation would be to make it again on an even bigger scale, which seems to be exactly what Taylor is doing with that game.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That looks pretty freakin' real. I could only tell the fake from the real life by the grass in front of the hut.

Someday, I may have a computer that can play it.

7. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

It's finally happened. Graphics technology has reached it's peak. I can't wait for this power to filter down to consoles so that people can stop obsessing over pwer differences between systems. Even if there is still a ways to go for perfect physics, the people stupid enough to care about nothing but graphics will never notice.

8. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Same here I can only hope it finds its way on PS3

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I just got Crysis but there's this really weird problem. the "Select/Confirm" button won't work so I can't select any menus to change settings and also I got the screen shrunk to 1/3rd size but can't find anyway to get it full screen again.

No Select button works on either the Mouse Joypad or Keyboard that I can find... anyone got any ideas ?

10. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I'm not sure if you're describing the problem I am thinking of, but sometimes it seems like the game will change the resolution of the image being displayed without matching that change to the clickable areas such as the buttons. When this happens to me I have to carefully drag my mouse all over the screen to find where the buttons are, then slowly click on the buttons I need to click to change the game's resolution.

11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Zombie thread!!!!

Actuall, figured id revive this now that news of crysis coming out to the consoles has broke!

October (next month) sees EA releasing the original crysis game for xbox360 and PS3!

With upgraded graphics/fx and all that jazz!

Woo!

Can't wait to finally play it :) 

I just watched a trailer on gametrailers.com. id link ya guys but I'm on my mobile right now

12. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Really? On psn and live or on actual disc? Im enjoying Crysis 2 and wouldnt mind having the set

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CRYTEK AND EA BRING CRYSIS TO XBOX LIVE AND PLAYSTATION NETWORK
    REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – September 9, 2011 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) and award-winning developer, Crytek GmbH, announced today that the critically-acclaimed Crysis® franchise will debut a new experience on Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation® Network. In October 2011, shooter fans will be able to download a modified and enhanced version of the award-winning single-player campaign from the original Crysis, remastered for console players using Crytek’s state-of-the-art CryENGINE®3 with all new lighting, effects and other visual optimizations. For just $19.99 SRP or 1600 Microsoft Points, gamers will download the most robust and exciting Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation® Network game to date.

In 2007 and again in 2011, critics around the world hailed Crysis and Crysis 2 as titles that ushered in the next-generation of gaming with jaw-dropping visuals, industry leading technology and groundbreaking sandbox gameplay, featuring the super-powerful Nanosuit. Today, the original, award-winning 2007 single-player campaign has been remastered for Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation® Network with optimized Nanosuit controls, fine-tuned combat and full stereoscopic 3D support.

“We are extremely proud of what we were able to accomplish with Crysis. We set out to create a next-generation FPS and delivered a PC experience that became a benchmark for quality – and still is for many gamers even four years later,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek. “By bringing the single-player campaign to console, we believe we are again setting a new standard for quality in downloadable gaming.”

In Crysis, gamers will travel to 2019 where a team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the South China Sea. All contact with the team is lost when the North Korean Government quickly seals off the area. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation. As tension rises between the two nations, a massive alien ship reveals itself in the middle of the island. Now with hope rapidly fading, the US and North Koreans must join forces to battle the alien menace, fighting epic battles through stunning, photorealistic tropical jungles and frozen landscapes.

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Cryzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    McBradders... did you kill Smang? I miss him.

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
  17. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I almost bought this for my computer the other day. Glad I didn't.

18. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ^that is epictastic news, i just finished crysis 2 and was looking for the first one (now i know why i couldnt find it)

yet another reason to be excited about october

19. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Doesn't surprise me its coming to consoles after they basically threw PC players under the bus with that shitty port they gave us for the sequel.

Warhead is still the best of the three, but odds are that'll get a port in a few months too.

20. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I feel bad for PC gamers, and I understand the appeal of PC gaming, but I am just happy that console owners are getting some of the better PC games.

Hey, you guys still get the best version of Battlefield 3.