Crysis Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Vialli, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

Anyone tackle the demo yet? I thought it was fantastic, haven't enjoyed actin the shite in a game since GTA or felt sucked into a game since Half Life, I think it could be a cracker of a game.

Only down fall is ya would need a decent mid spec PC to enjoy it fully

2. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    But my PC is shit. :( 

Fully functional shit, but shit nonetheless.

Darn it, was rather looking forward to choking and tossing ragdoll opponents too.

3. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

4. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Been playing it today. Totally awesome! Also, this game chugs really bad at the moment. At 1024x768 I tend to get fps in the mid to low 30s with only the physics set to Very High. Im using older nvidia drivers, at the moment because while the new beta drivers seemed to increase performance quite a bit, they limited my options for resolutions. Once those drivers are ironed out, I should be playing fairly comfortable, but Im still kinda bummed that I'm not running the all the game settings at Very High and a very playable framerate as according to Crytek, I should be. :/

And specs Im playing on:
    Vista 32
    Q6600
    8800GTX
    2GB RAM

Anybody else playing? Whats your performance like? your specs?

5. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

I set everything to medium settings and the graphics went to shit, I had to set the shaders and post processing to High to see something more than floating eye balls. According to Nvidia all I'm failing on for the recommended settings is my graphics card, which is a 7900gtx

6. Gigatron_2005

Hmmm the 7900gtx should be up to the task of playing this game very well if Im not mistaken. Ive had success in achieving a more stable framerate when I turn down the shaders and the shadows a notch. I really hope Nvidia fixes these drivers problems, seems like quite a few (but not all apparently) nvidia users are having some problems with the framerate in this game.

7. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I played it a couple hours ago. Pretty good, but it looks like I'll have to pick it up on the console. To demanding for my system. I loved the intro, and the suit. Reminds me of Halo.

8. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

even on medium settings it looks fantastic, turning off the shadows completely helps with preformance too. Roll on the 16th, musta played the demo 10 times from start to finish, every time a different way <3 <3

9. Gigatron_2005

Thats what Im loving about this game! :D  Every time Ive played, Ive played it a different way. :D 

10. Gigatron_2005

And a bump....

Anyway, I got the game and beat it. First off, awesome game! I found the gameplay to be very enjoyable. It felt more like an open ended Call of Duty rather than just another Farcry. I enjoyed the characters in the game as well, even if it is kinda cheesy and all. Graphics are totally top notch. The suit powers make for a fun exercise in strategy too.

All in all, I felt the game was far too short, and the (non)ending really kinda ticked me off. I was all ready to kick more ass and the credits then immediately start rolling. That said, I loved this game (except for one level) and would highly recommend it to FPS fans with mega PCs.

However, even with a nice set up, the game chugs. Its playable, but the framerate is often pretty low and at some points just plain bad. However, hopefully the game can be fixed up with a new patch or driver; if not then forking over another $600 for a new top of the line graphics card that does not even exist yet is going to be the only option for people who really require that 60fps with full AA, high resolution, and all.

11. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

I'm surprised there hasn't been much interest shown here for the game.... anyway...

Finished it myself today, really really enjoyed it, I heard a lot of people saying it kinda goes down hill when the aliens arrive and while the z-grav bit is a bit boring, beyond that I really enjoyed.

Graphics as Gigatron said are indeed top notch even when set to low/med settings, the shadows were a killer on my card so I had to dumb em down to low. The physics are quality too, as are the character animations and facial expressions. Technically its an acheivement, it was well executed and fair play to Crytek, I've been waiting for someone to just pick up a game and push out the boat when it comes to PC power for a while now.

The multiplayer is decent enough too, played a few games of power struggle earlier today and its quite fun, ya'd want a few people on the server coz like Battlefield, ya aint gonna get too much fun with 4 or 5 people running around a big map.

I'll be interested to see if we get an expansion pack after a while, or what mods will follow it now, in the bit where ya are driving the tank towards the mines I was waiting for a T-Rex or something to pop out, I have no idea why but that would have been Brilliant :D  :D  :D