Crysis 2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mechafire, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Online rocks. It's taking me awhile to finish the campaign because I end up being sucked into two hours of online death matches. Getting the Limited Edition and the ability to have all the classes from the beginning is nice, though.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Game's length won't affect my purchase. I beat Killzone 3 in like 6 hours and I had a hellova time with it. If a game is good, I'd rather it not be one million hours. I have a HUGE backlog of games I haven't finished, and probably never will. I feels good to beat a game from time to time.

3. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I wish I could get a backlog of games going. I'll play a game for a month, beat it a few times, play online, and wait 2-3 months for the next game I want to come out.

Still need to buy Bulletstorm and Mass Effect 2 though.

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    picked this up the other day but i havent had time to play it!

i will soon tho! my weekend is comin up and i'll have plenty of time to delve into this baby

looks fun! hopefully multiplayer will feel a little better this time around

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Got it from Gamefly yesterday and played it for about a half hour. Never played the first one, so didn't really know what to expect. But the game has some really tight controls, making the firefights really fun. Not what I was expecting, but still very enjoyable. Love the suit abilities so far. Wish I could have played longer, but got tired and headed to bed.

6. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    got the game on tuesday. the SP is really fun to play. though they didn't fix the lighting for dual gpu card. the lighting is blinking everytime and it makes my eye hurt!

7. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Got the PC version. Report as follows:

Overall it's good quality. There's not much in the way of bugs or errors and everything is clean and well designed. Crytec produced a solid product here.

Gameplay is good: enjoyable and plenty of wow moments.

Downsides: They 'streamlined' it. I knew this going in and was prepared for it, adn to be honest, the suit streamlining isn't that bad (if I'm honest, the hotkeys improve the game's responsiveness greatly) . What dissapoints me is the level design. The levels themselves are great, and do indeed offer a variety of ways to play - my problem is that the game holds your hand through all of it. Giant flashing beacons tell you what to do, and when to do it. Outside of shooting, there's no skill involved. No judgement. The game even tells you which suit mode to use (eg: telling you to use cloak when there's an enemy around the corner).

Not a bad game by any standard (an excellent one even), but I can't help but feel it pales in comparison to it's older sibling. And it's not a 'console-port' problem, either - it's just a dumb decision or two.

Ima try it on hard to see if it takes away the hand holding. If not, I'm sure there'll be mods down the line. :D 

8. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I feel like I'm playing this game wrong.

Every time I get to one of the sandbox sections where the chain-smoking suit AI pipes up, "Tactical Options Available." I'll sit and tag some dudes with the visor. Cloak. Sneak up on those dudes and take them out. Inevitably that pisses off the other 20 dudes in the immediate vicinity that I didn't see on my initial sweep and now they're all shooting at me.

So then I gotta cloak around and they still see me, they're just not shooting at me because the game's logic is telling them not to and to fake me out. Close distance, de-cloak, kill two or three dudes. Get lit up by another four dudes I apparently walked past and just didn't see. Can't see for spit because I've got the maximum armor jazz and bloody screen happening at the same time. That's fun. Rinse, repeat for the next 10-15 dudes or until checkpoint.

I'm not dying all that much but its still frustrating. I feel like every time I happen into one of these situations, I'm breaking some expensive glassware and spending the next 12 minutes paying for it.

But that's campaign, I've been jumping back and forth between it and multiplayer. I'm playing on 360 and if anybody wants to shoot dudes in a cooperative team-like fashion, add me or send a message or whatever it is the kids do. I will totally visor tag dudes and get my ass shot off for the collective good!

9. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    You should be able to get past them without killing them, and in an emergency, stealth kills don't break your cloak.

10. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Beat the campaign today. Don't have a final time yet, but it sure seemed like it took a while. Regardless, I haven't had this much fun playing a FPS shooter in a long time. COD4 was the last FPS that had a good campaign for me. The story was solid, even though it makes me wanna go buy the first one for my PC now. I've played it, but don't own it. The ending was surprising and awesome.

Overall, a 10/10 for me. Took me longer than I thought it would have, and the campaign alone made me feel like I got my money out of it. Now it's time to start the online play. Or another campaign, as I hardly found any keys, dog tags, or souvenirs.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Thought you already started it.

12. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I meant putting in some serious hours.

13. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Sure you did.

Finally got around to playing the online with a friend. It's pretty good, though I can see why some people are complaining about invisibility camping.

I kinda wish there were bots though, because bots are awesome.

14. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    played through a good little chunk of the campaign tonight and I LOVE IT

this games awesome

went in and played a few rounds of multiplayer and it actually wasnt too bad!

playing the campaign certainly helped, i think. Playing the beta was tough. i think its cuz i didnt quite have a right handle on the nano-suit powers

but im diggin it!

the graphics are great! the visual style is awesome. I love how some of the MP maps have a great sci-fi feel to it. Such a refresher after all the call of duty stuff

15. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yes it does.

16. Mechafire

News Credits:
    It doesn't, though if another enemy is close by, he may notice you and alert everyone else.

17. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Stealth kills decloak you, but they don't deplete your energy. Even if you're spotted mid-assassination, you can recloak and retreat.

In a similar vein, I want a macro that will decloak+scope+shoot+cloak. I was doing this manually, but it takes an awful lot of concentration.

18. Mechafire

News Credits:
    I'm not decloaking when I stealth kill dudes. Just tried it a few minutes ago. Maybe my game's glitched or something... ?

19. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Hey totally forgot about this game, whats your guys names on here for MP action, maybe we can get a game going and free vent xfire thing going on so we can chat whaddya say?

20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    *points to sig*

i'm game for some MP!