Cryotek Bio up at TF Club Website

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by highlander3000, Jan 19, 2008.

1. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh heh. "Cryotek the Cryotank".

I really, really like this character and kick myself to this day for letting my dad sell the figure at a yardsale for $20-something dollars as part of a lot of other toys...

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This toy must be made. NOW.

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Agreed.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    or if you saw the 'theft of the golden disk' on youtube or another TF site, then said wow, i want to know more and then decided to become a club member because someone posted a link about new bios going up....

5. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why get upset because a bio was posted and you need to be a member to see it? You wouldn't know about it at all if it wasn't posted that it was up, are you saying that no one should post news about the club exclusives too? Or descriptions of what the other classics 2.0 figures will be in the next newsletter?

6. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    can we at least have the pic of the cybertronian cyrotec, i need it for a future custom :cry 

7. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to start something, but just about everything Transformers must be bought. To have the toys you must buy them. To read the comics from IDW you must buy them. To watch Animated you must have cable (which costs money) or the internet (which to most people, costs money)....So, you get my point. If a site such as TFW only reported on things that everyone had access to "free" then they would not have much to report on would they?

Again, not trying to start something, just seems kind of silly to me to single out the Club, as if we put out something and it is news worthy, it should be reported I would think....

8. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed. I've never been to botcon(maybe one day I'll go), but I don't complain about botcon news just because I can't attend it, when I know I'm missing details from the news.

9. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Hmmm....(kitbash gears winding)

10. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please do not ask for PM's of things posted on the Clubs website in future.

11. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Agreed. I don't have the time or the skill to make a custom.

12. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    i WILL make it in june, it will be my first kitbash, but that is when i get a job

13. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

People just have different ideas on what's newsworthy.
    Something being put up on another website that you need to pay to visit doesn't fit the criteria for some. For others, it does. Just something else for us to argue about... I mean, debate.
    Many more people have access to the internet, cable television, IDW comics, or most of the TF toys (theoretically, assuming you can find them) than have access to the club website. If only club members can see it, why post it here? Seems like taunting, or recruiting.

14. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    You totally missed the point. People have the EXACT same access to the club site as they do anything else. To have access to all you listed above you must pay for them just as you must pay for the club membership. That is like saying that TFW is taunting me if I choose to not buy an IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook or a Movie Voyager toy since they report on that.

TFW is reporting on what is available at the TCC, just as they report on what is available at retail. There is absolutely no difference...

Note: And who is recruiting? TFW, Allspark and Seibertron are not doing recruiting for us, they simply picked up that we had released the Cryotek bio. We continue to put out cool and exciting stuff and I guess sites will pick up on it...

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    hey pete, any chance we might see this as a club exclusive? or how about terrorsaur and scorponok? i really want all the cybertronian beast i can get...

and i am glad this was posted. i am a member of the club, but dont always check out everything on the site, so this is something i would have totally missed.

16. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    As I said on the club boards, 95% of the characters from the profiles we are doing for Theft of the Golden Disk will never be in consideration for toys. The profiles are simply there as a compliment to what Trent created. However, as people picked up over there, I did only say 95%, so who knows...

17. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lets stop the discussion about what's news and what's not, shall we?

The TFW Staff decide what to post and what not to.

18. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    And here I was preparing to post about it. :( 

Cool bio. I love how it fits with the Theft *AND* with 3H's comics.

P.S.: you guys should ban discussions of what's newsworthy and what's not as a rule. After all, the content of the Front Page is managed by TFW2005's staff, not by regular posters.

-airfox

19. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Fair enough. Pete I hope you know that I was not knocking you or the club in any way, you do great work. But I stand by what I said and agree with MagnusPrime...

20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

No, I got the point. I don't buy it, but I got it. My point is many more people, in fact most people, are willing to pay for access to cable or internet than to the club website. I believe the people paying for access to the club site are a minority. I also believe there is a difference between what's available at your site and what's available at retail. But I'm not going to continue this as I see nothing constructive coming from it.