Heavy/Scratch: Crossroads Diorama

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by bruteslayer101, Jan 9, 2018.

1. bruteslayer101

bruteslayer101 Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    This is based on a scene from Transformers The Last Knight where Megatron and his crew enter a ghost town that Cade and the Autobots are hiding in. I tried to keep it somewhat in scale with 2 inch scale figs. I know it's not the greatest but I've never attempted a diorama before and I have a cold to my patience and steadiness are 0.
    Made out of cardboard, foamboard, dirt, moss, bendy wire, straws, blood, sweat, and tears. IMG_4163.JPG IMG_4164.JPG IMG_4165.JPG IMG_4166.JPG IMG_4167.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  2. WEEGEE

WEEGEE the one, the only... biggie cheese!

News Credits:
    I WEEGEE approve of this sexually.

3. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Cool idea!

4. bruteslayer101

YouTube:
    Yeah, it really helps with figure photography!

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    GREAT work!

I think if recommend a couple of things: read up a good bit on making custom dioramas; Google is your friend here. This is a road well trodden and I think you'll find some really cool things if you do some good research. Feel free to share your findings (perhaps make a Diorama duscussion thread in Creative General Discussion).

I'd recommend going back and making sure those windows are much more precisely square. My recommendation would be using a ruler and an X-acto to really score those accurately.

Thanks so much for sharing your work here. I hope this can be a springboard for more work!

6. bruteslayer101

YouTube:
    Yeah, I'll probably go back and do those windows better later. I had a cold when I made this and I wasn't in the mood for precise measurements and the like lol And I did try to look up tutorials and what not, the issue is that there aren't many 1/36 scale diorama makers out there and those that are make them more human based, while I'm more concerned about full buildings

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    When working on my figures, I've learned never to do it when I'm sick. I've botched up good work that way!

As for the diorama tutorials, something may not be precisely what you're looking for, but basic skills are transferable.

8. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I like the little touches like the little silver barrel, the grass, the traffic light, especially the poles and cable and the white house that looks quite old.

The Transformers look cool interacting with the environment. The distance shots minimise any negative impact and even the flaws in the painting such as streaks add to the realism and weathered aspect of this possibly abandoned town.

9. bruteslayer101

YouTube:
    See, I don't have that issue with my figures cuz I can maneuver them easily. Heck, right after I finished this I made this Mohawk and I think he turned out good. The big reason I finished this while I was sick was college is starting up soon and I know that when college starts back up I won't have time.

Thanks. I like the streaks and stuff as well, and I'll probably go back over time and add more detail slowly but surely IMG_4174.JPG

• Like Like x 1