Crossovers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ellamin, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    Post pics, reviews and anything pertaining to Star Wars, Marvel, Disney or other Crossover toylines here.

I'm especially curious about Ahsoka Tano, and Thor...

2. Sapphire-Light

Sapphire-Light Red sports car

News Credits:
    Venom is awesome!! I love mine. :D 

Jetfire is trying to pest him in that pic. >-<

Attached Files:

3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I've got Hulk and Venom. Hulk is really terrific. Venom was my last for a reason.

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Ahsoka's Delta-7B figure is one of the better figures in the SWTF/Crossovers line. The starship mode hides all of the robot parts very well; is well detailed and pretty spot on accurate for a figure that size. Robot mode is decent in that it doesn't have the articulation problems as some of the other figures but since the mold has been used 6+ times it might be a little loose/floppy. I don't have Ahsoka yet but I have some of the other Delta-7 ships and the figure is pretty much a different head on the same body.

5. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Y'know what? I'm gonna say it: Death Star! DEATH STAR!! Say what you will about it, it's an awesome toy. The alt mode looks athentically like the original Death Star and even makes sounds appropriate to a toy of that. The Vader mode is awesome, the super laser turns into a blaster and the lightsaber actually lights up and makes sounds. Then there's the 4 minifigs (3 troopers, 1 Vader) and if that weren't enough: Mini TIE Fighters!! It's just all around instant win.

6. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It does look really cool! Just insanely expensive... :( 

7. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    Venom is one I want, but not as Carnage, Ahsoka, I'm considering... I only have the Shock Trooper and Magnaguard so far... Death Star I merely can't believe... Vader's not THAT egomaniacal to build a Death Star Mech into his own likeness, the emperor maybe, not Ani. :p 

Could somebody post cool poses with the (Preferably Ahsoka) Delta7 Aethersprite mold?

Is Thor worth it or should I wait to try and grab one and custom paint him into something more suitable for the mold (Midnight blue with realistic lightning?) in the future?

Also, any ideas on the Spidey GT Car? (A Black redeco may be possible, or probable, but how is the mold?)

8. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Well I don't know if I'd go all the way to insanely. It retailed for around $50 and is the same size as both Unicron and Primus. And comes with more stuff than they do.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IDK about that.
    when I ordered my Swerve and Thrust from HTS a couple weeks back, it was still listed on the site and at an incredible price- below 30 bucks.
    Only reason i haven't snagged it is because i never would transform it.

[Edit: I just checked, it's not there anymore. bummer.]

10. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    Okay, I got Ahsoka as a gift of sorts, I wanted to know if she could combine... Does anybody know of a Delta 7(b) & other toy combined form? (without kit bashing or customizing.)

11. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Nope the Delta 7's don't combine; the only SWTF that combined was the Han & Chewie that merged into the Millennium Falcon. The only way to make it combine is to come up with a "fan mode" for it.

12. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    I have the Hulk Tank, which is really fun, and the Thor, which is an underrated mold. Great alt mod, but it is plagued with an ungodly awful color scheme. I repainted mine to look more "ancient"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the thor mold but mine has very floppy wings and a bad waist peg. Ashoka is not appealing at all. If your interested in that mold I would suggest tracking down the Obiwan version of this mold. He really is the the best. The heads on Ashoka, Plo koon, kit fisto, and Saesee Tiin are just bad and anakins is too big for the mold. I like most of the crossovers. However, stay away from any of the Ep 3 jedi fighters, Darth vaders tie, Bike wheel Grevious, both fetts, the gunships, and the arc 170.

14. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    I KNOW the crossover figures don't combine beyond Two sets, I asked for somebody to come up with one using another toy, correct? Would that not be requesting a Fan-Mode?
    You make me want to find a Thor and paint him, hence my Query about him.

I like Ahsoka because she makes a fairly good Femme, I have very little interest in any of the other Crossover figures beyond Venom (Not carnage), maybe Spidey Le Mans and Thor (redecos though.) the rest, I'm not getting unless REALLY inexpensive. (scout or Legends price.)

15. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I've ONLY purchased the Grievous Wheel and I like that thing. The vehicle was cool in the movie, and he's a neat figure on his own merits :D .

Most of the others aren't that interesting to me. A couple Marvel figures are, but not by much. I might give the Star Wars ones a second look, but I'm not holding my breath ^_^

16. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I have Wolverine and he's pretty good.

I'm planning to get the Magna Droid which I heard was great.

17. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i had two wolverines, they are royal pains in the ass to makes customs out of and i dont know why but the quality on them didnt seem the same as regular movie-verse or universe tfs that are out now

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hulk is an absolutely amazing figure, easily one of the most fun TF figures produced. Super solid, almost a bargain for the price since he's more massive than many Voyager-class figures.

Wolverine and Human Torch are pretty solid, but nothing super special either (except for Torch's very unique jet-to-robot transformation scheme). Venom/Carnage looks cool, but is terrible in play.

19. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    What is the attraction to the crossover lines? Seriously. I think they are the worst designs ever and can't see any attraction to them. Even as fans, some of you have to admit, some molds are pretty damn grotesque.

I'm just curious why you like them? Is it the Transformer name or a combination of a TF with a Marvel/SW/Disney character that you've always liked?

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simply the fact that some of them are neat looking vehicles that turn into rather cool looking robots?

Yes, some of them are horrid and dumb looking. Don't buy it then.

But just dismissing them for the sake of it means you might miss out on some rather cool figures in their own right, or at least some good kitbashing fodder or such. A good number of them have a certain uniqueness to them not represented in the TF mainline (Hulk, Thor, and Human Torch come to mind).