Crossovers Ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blaster_Prime, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Hey just figured this would be a fun topic...new ideas for Crossover Lines. Here's mine...

1. G.I.JOE (only natural I think)
    2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (who DOESN'T want to see a Technodrome Transformer?)
    3. He Man
    4. Star Trek
    5. Battlestar Galactica

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    1.) Possible
    2.) No License
    3.) No License
    4.) No License
    5.) Idk

3. drkngrusum

drkngrusum Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a Stargate Crossover

4. Blaster_Prime

Sorry I'm a bit dense, what does it mean by no license?

5. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Basically, it means that Hasbro doesn't have the rights to the characters. TMNT belongs to Playmates, He-Man belongs to Mattel, Star Trek belongs to someone, and Battlestar Galactica.....I don't know.

6. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Agreements can always be made. Money talks, after all.

I'd love to see a ''famous cars'' line that transforms, like the batmobile, KITT, General Lee, etc.

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  8. Blaster_Prime

Yes but I needs me a Shredder/Mutant Module transformer dammit :p 

BTW thanks for bringing these to my attention, I've never even heard of these things and I cannot understand why not.

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Do I need to explain my '80s action vehicles concept again?

10. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    Hasbro has at least some sort of license for BSG. They sell tiny titanium ships from the show.

11. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    You could always commission a custom in the Radicons forum, or try customizing one yourself. That's what kitbashers do when no company will make the toy they want.

No prob. I've been trying to track them down myself since I first heard about them around 10 years ago. I was in college when those figures were released and I didn't keep up with any toy releases at all during that time except for Star Wars.

On a related note, there were also some transforming Toy Story figures produced, but they were Disneyland exclusives and rather difficult to find these days. I actually believed they were just a myth or unproduced prototypes until I found one at a flea market for a dollar. I found another one later at a yard sale. But I've never been able to find out how many different ones were made. There were two different ones for Buzz and one for Zurg, and possibly another but I can't find any recent pics to confirm it.

12. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    1.) Firefly
    2.) Bubblegum Crisis
    3.) Patlabor (control car and carrier, after the ingram stands up. xD)
    4.) Stargate Atlantis/SG-1
    5.) Stitch (Yes the disney one.)
    6.) Doctor Who (TARDIS, K9, Daleks, Cybermen, and other show appearing ships.)
    7.) Rock Lords (give at least 2 a small script in animated for comedy. They are rocks afterall.)
    8.) Battlestar Galactica
    9.) Gon
    10.) Eureka(make it brawn! Carters jeep =D), sarah and teletran-1 must meet.
    11.) KITT, ED from the first Robocop movie, and SerpentO.R.

Those would be my picks, in that order too.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well after going through bbts' hasbro listings, it seems that they could make any of the following lol; zoids, action man, gi joe, Xevoz, micromachines, spongebob square pants, indiana jones, heroscape, rubix cube, narnia, bayblade, and of course, disney stuff too.

14. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The BSG license expries next year and hasbro has no intentions of renewing it.

I honestly think that as much as it makes sense we will never ever see a GI Joe crossovers. To my understanding the star wars teams does the starwars crossovers and the marvel team does marvel crossovers with takara proably helping to engineer both. I do not see the GI joe team doing anything vehicle wise that does not fit the main line figures. When people think of Gi Joe/transformers toys the first things mentioned are rattlers and hiss tanks. Those guys would need to be like ultra and supreme sized transformers. The GI Joe sigma 6 vehicles failed miserably and those were just the right size vehicles to be made in transformers. Unless hasbro hears this request alot from Joe fans at one of there conventions I doubt we will ever see it.

The concern gets even bigger when you talk about other licenses. The chances of hasbro paying for the rights to a show like knight rider to do one figure that has no repaint potential...It's just an unrealistic request

15. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

What about Thundercats crossovers? Except maybe make their alt modes something different than all cats.

16. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

GI Joe is the most plausable one that I think we'll get considering that we're gearing up for the new movie.

My only question is will we get classic Joe vehicles that transform into classic Joes (i.e. a Hiss tank that turns into Destro or a Sky Stryker that turns into Ace) or will they transform into Transformers characters (i.e tank mode Megatron or Optimus with a military paint job)?

17. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    1.Nintendo
    2.Ben 10
    3.SEGA
    4.That cartoon with Teens that turns into Dinosuars
    5.Disney
    6.Dr.Suess

18. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    I find it difficult to believe that Takara had anything to do with those Star Wars transformers, not that it really matters.

Marvel and Lucasarts will hook up with almost anybody, but I can't think off too many other companies that would be so flexible. Ninja Turtles have done crossovers with Marvel and even Power Rangers, I wouldn't count them out, though I have no idea what they could transform into (though a krang's body/technodrone would be neat). Robocop could make a good-looking line, if there was enough material to justify it. I'd love to see a Thundercats combiner team, done up all Voltron-ish.

To be honest I don't see much future for crossover figures. The Marvel ones are so much better then star wars, but it's still an so-so idea. Hasbro has too many transformers lines running at once as it is. We've got Movie, Universe Classics, and Animated already packed onto store shelves. There's barely room for the crossovers, and in my area they aren't selling that well.

19. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Actually, the only reason they can do TFs of Star Wars and marvel characters is because Hasbro has the SW license and Toybiz sold Hasbro the rights to Marvel. Though like someone said before, given the right price, any other franchise is possible.

20. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Halo and Batman