Customs: Crossovers as Combaticons?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by iWave84, Jul 24, 2009.

1. iWave84

iWave84 Member

Hey Everyone,
    ive always been brainstorming ideas for my favorite gestalt group, the combaticons, and i recentley had an idea. i recently bought my first marvel crossover, captain america, and thought it would make a more decently sized Swindle. As i kept thinking, i realized that alot of the marvel crossovers, plus universe onslaught, would make some pretty good combaticons (with some custom heads of course). i still have no plans for a bruticus any time soon, but id like to know what you guys think.:D 

[​IMG]
    [i made a quick digibash to give y'all an idea of what im thinking.]

2. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    very nice digibash! I've had the same idea for a while now. I like what you've done for Swindle and Brawl. I'm not sure which crossover molds you are using for Vortex ,and Blastoff. Can you clue me in?

3. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Vortex nd Blast-Off are the Spiderman nd Ironman combiner
    id say deffently goooo for it!:thumb 

4. iWave84

iWave84 Member

Thanks! i wish i knew where to start though... so far most of my coustoms have utterly failed... any tips on how to give my figs smoother paint apps? some ideas for heads to use would be helpful too...

5. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I think these could definitely work and they would also be unique to what most others (including myself) have done so far. I say go for it and keep us updated. I really dig the idea!

6. iWave84

iWave84 Member

Im thinking of shaving off and/or sculpting around the original faces to resemble there g1 selves... and maybe adding some minor mods for weapons that the crossovers seem to lack. Tips and ideas are welcome :D 

7. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I approve this idea!!:thumb 

8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Even though this idea is cool, there's one thing flawed well the Hulk is too big and might not work, but the rest are interesting. But still its your custom and you do what to do.

9. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    I know nothing about the engineering needed for something like this to work but aesthetic wise I say go for it :) 

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    IF you plan to follow traditional combiner rules, your torso is going to be tiny compared to the limbs, as Onslaught is about the same size as they are each.

11. MATTICUS PRIME

MATTICUS PRIME chicks love me!

I had the same idea, but for Superion. Uni Silverstreak for the main body. The warthog (A-10 thunderbolt) Thor screwed my visions of awesome with his wings turning into a cape.....Stupid superheros.

12. iWave84

iWave84 Member

well... not unless you have the "cape" like this... [link below]
    Toysrus

13. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ive been thinking about using CapĀ“s as Swindle ever since i saw him for the first time... but i havent been able to get one yet (although my BBTS order with 2 just shipped yesterday, yay!)

The others looks nice, but im not quite feeling them as combaticons as much as Swindle

14. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    The only one I'm not feel is Brawl, Just never liked the hulk mold, personally I'd wait for ROTF Bludgeon to come out and do some heavy modding to his appearance to make the best combaticon tank for brawl

15. iWave84

iWave84 Member

well i was kinda thinkng of not as much as a g1 reincarnation, but rather a more futuristic update, kinda like war within, except a different look

the reason i liked the hulk as brawl, because it has some of that brawn look that brawl has, plus the treads as the shoulders and the chest seemed similar to g1...and the bludgeon fig is not only more advance modding than an amatuer like me can handle:noob , but i also dont have patience to wait until next year for a fig :rolleyes: 

im gonna update my combo ideas this week, so far i have swindle pretty much down, and im almost done with brawls combonation
    Thanks for your support guys!:D 

16. big hank

News Credits:
    Bludgeon is also a Voyager, although Marvel X-overs are on the large size. I personally like Hulk as Brawl, it's very fitting. IMHO

17. big hank

News Credits:
    I might also suggest Thor as Blast Off and find a suitable space shuttle model to grip the wings and thrusters off of. The A-10 cockpit can work for the shuttle I believe. :thumbs2: 

18. magic 8 ball

magic 8 ball Member

19. iWave84

iWave84 Member

I had the same idea, and I think that might work better because ironman might be too wide as an arm... so im gonna see if i can pick up a thor the next time i see one

I saw that also and I am going to use that mold as swindle, but im gonna use cap as basically a test dummy to see how it will all work

20. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i had actually been thinking about doing this, well the vortex and blast off ones. i saw those straight away the minute i saw the figures. go for it i might end up trying this too. btw swindle looks awsome i would never have thought of it