Crossover thoughts

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by jorod74, Mar 10, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i was watching my BTAS DVD's and reading stuff here on TF2K5.
    G.I. Joe has done crossovers with almost everybody.
    Have the Joes ever done a Batman Crossover?

would it work???

i can see TF and Joe crossovers as being successful, but
    would a Batman/TF crossover work?
    if the Bat kept a low profile, the 'bots did so, maybe.
    but not likely.

lastly, one crossover i wish for the most would be a year long run. (and hell Image needs a good shot in the arm these days.)

I would like to see Sam and Twitch working with Gordon and Bullock- and Batman- in a crossover.
    one without any taint of Spawn in it.
    Just a hardcore detective story with Bats as the only super element and even so, he stays out of the cops' way. Sam and Twitch show Gordon and Bullock a thing or two about dealing with the dark side, even to the point old bats gives them lots of space and respect.

okay, those are my thoughts and my questions. whatdya think?

2. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

A crossover, like any comic, is only as good as the creative people behind it. A good writer and artist can make anything happen. In the wrong hands, or when one of the publishers just wants to cash in on another successful franchise, we end up with something like New Avengers/Transformers.

3. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^this

Best ones being Teen Titans/X-men and the JLA/Avengers.

Can't stand any others.

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i wont lie...JLA vs Avengers was really good. i liked how they did Marvel vs DC...

i also like the Wildcats/X-Men crossover.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I really enjoyed the story of DW's TF/Gi Joe crossover with the WW2 setting. Not so much the art.

Also, vol. 3 of the Gijoe/TF crossover was really good. The rest meh.

I could see Bats in a Joe crossover, but it'd have to be a damn good story.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I am against crossovers for the most part. Many are garbage and just a quick "hey, look who we put together"

Batman/Spawn, Superman/Aliens, Batman/Predator, Punisher/Archie, Punisher/Witchblade, Marvel heroes Reborn/Wildstorm, Marvel/Ultraverse

The only ones that were pretty decent was the Marvel/DC Access event and the JLA/Avengers titles. The only cross-company one I would like would be a Gen 13/Teen Titans one written by Geoff Johns with the team he had when they relaunched Titans.

7. smkspy

I'll throw in WildC.A.T.S/Aliens and Green Lantern/Aliens as two decent crossovers. Wildcats since it was vicious killing off Stormwatch like that, and GL/Aliens actually made sense.

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Teen Titans/ X-men ruled Deathstroke takes out the X-men. Darkseid teams up with Dark Phoenix. JLA/Avenger was just as epic. Superman Spider-man was pretty good and Batman Punisher wasn't bad. Marvel vs Dc was lame, there is no way Wolverine could beat Lobo. Lobo is superman level powerful and has a deal with heaven and hell where he can't die(They don't want him up or down there again) He destroyed his entire planet, there is just no way wolverine would win. This was the begining of the over hype of this character.

9. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

i like the idea about spawn/batman with mostly suporting cast and not the title characters. who would the villan be?

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    They did two, one by frank miller was horrible, The other by Dc was a demon.

11. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    X-Men/He-Man or TMNT/F4!

12. geerave

i know that... i was talking about jarod's idea

13. geerave

i really want matrix/transformers. they dont wake up in the 80's like G1. they wake up at the end of the 1st matrix film

14. jorod74

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My idea was just to use Bullock, Gordon, Sam and Twitch, and on a limited basis, Bats. (hell, push him back down to doing Detective work/Surveillance for Gordon at the most.)

as for a villain, i had not really thought about one in particular.
    i think it shouldn't be a rogues gallery or a spawn villain of the week.

maybe introduce a new, non supernatural/mutant villain, but one that is severely twisted and capable of shaking a city to the core.
    maybe a conglomeration of say Spawn's villain The Curse, and from Batman's hood, a Ra's al Ghoul (toned down.)

i want at the heart of the whole thing a strong cop tale. Maybe six, or 12 issues at most. make it such a hard case that it does take a year to crack for even them. seeing bats pushed aside for this case and finding out why, would be nice.

I just see Sam and Bullock being an awesome pair.
    and knowing what i do about Twitch, he'd be a long lost son type to Gordon's delight.

sigh, just a suggestion.

holy crap, that Matrix idea would be a total mind thing. how Neo or his posse react? how do you work with sentient bots after spending your life being a human battery for sentient Powerbooks? (LOL) that would be interesting.

15. smkspy

I think a Terminator/Transformers crossover might actually work. Esp. one set in the future after Skynet has taken over the Earth.

16. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Transformers/Spider-Man.

17. smkspy

Been there done that...wasn't that good.

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I would like to see a series where the Transformers of All Hail Megatron meet the Transformers of IDW's previous series. Oh wait, we did get a page where Sideswipe told Sunstreaker that he was concerned that Sunstreaker never talked about being binary bonded to Hunter O'nion so I guess this is the same continuity. It's just there was this Spotlight: Sideswipe story where Sideswipe -oh, never mind.

Seriously, though, I liked the Devil's Due GI Joe\Transformers series. It was a nice mix of characters with a distinct cartoon vibe to it. It even had Battle Beasts! I would have liked to see where the Cobra-la\Unicorn connection would lead.

As far as ideas go I would really like to see a Transformers\Voltron series. Two actually. One could be all the animal form Transformers and the Voltron Lion Force. Voltron X Predaking would be EPIC WIN!!!! The other could be the vehicle Voltron and the vehicle Transformers. There could even be jokes about how much Commander Hawkins sounds like Optimus. When I was a kid Voltron came on right before Transformers. Such a crossover would so please my inner kitten.

19. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

The problem I've had with these types of crossovers in general is that they're usually done in one issue (granted, a larger issue than a normal comic, but still). Usually it seems that once things finally get set up and moving at a really good pace with the character interacting and such, it's time to start wrapping things up.

I used to champion a mini-series for just that reason, but then we got New Avengers/TF....

I think the idea suggestioned by the original poster with Sam, Twitch, Bullock and Gordon sounds brilliant. I'd also very much like to see TF/Robotech.

Hell, I realy do love crossovers in general so I almost always give them a read when I can.

20. jorod74

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks.

that Robotech crossover would be trippy- considering a Zentaedi would (by the 07 TF movie measurements) be like Shaq standing over Spud Webb next to even Prime.

"It's a person!!!!" as optimus yells to Ironhide, wanting him not to use his cannons.
    Ironhide yells," He's 10 meters taller and still kicking my tailpipe!!!"

The more i think about it, the TF/Terminator would be a grisly fun project.
    Some Autobots (for a change, not Prime or the main cast) dealing with HK's flying around, the tank-bots, and humans just shooting anything with a circuit board that moves.