Crossover Potential

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transmetal2dinobot, Aug 29, 2008.

1. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    What with the new GI JOE franchise coming up, and them being common crossover materiel, what's the likelyhood of some continuity(probably comic) of this new Transformers crossing over?
    it could work i think

by the same token, the movie continuity could crossover with a lot of the marvel film continuities over the last decade without too much issue

let us discuss

2. newguy

newguy i

If that happens i will be disapointed

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I hope not. I honestly actually like Hasbro's reasoning for not doing any TF & GI Joe crossover stuff. Both lines don't need it at the moment, as they are both doing really great on their own.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's sort of odd that when you say crossover everything seems all kosher until you say hey let's have a Transformers/GI Joe crossover.

Bring up the topic to Hasbro and they act you just asked them to make toys out of broken glass and used medical waste. You could have a transforming X-Wing or jet that transforms into an Iron Man mech, but it's a solid wall of NO to ask for something like a VAMP that transforms into Hound.

Comic book seems a big wall of NO even though it wouldn't require different companies getting along because IDW has both GI Joe and Transformers. Not even like IDW has done things in alternate universes before.

Would be cool to get some crossover action but for some reason it seems like it's just never going to happen.

5. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i know they probably never will, but it would be cool
    the dreamwave one was mad

6. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Movie, NO!

I wouldn't be surprised if a comic of it was done, though.

7. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    In movie I would say no to marvel. Though hints of it for others could work.

Like new tech throughout Joe movies from undisclosed tech labs that certain Nest or S7 ties.

Tony Stark references in newspapers, small things maybe. Heck, honestly they could even hint at it with the shield helicarrier that will eventually show up in the Marvel Movie Franchise. That becoming a Transformer would be epic win. Though a crossover movie I'm unsure of. The farthest I'd like to see is just Stark within this world besides the tech ties to Joe. I don't see him ever attempting to fight a decepticon though as Ironman. Not after the trouble he had with a knock off of his own design.

Nest/S7 being a hidden organization similiar to SHIELD (though shield is in the political eyes), is an interesting aspect. They both can coexist without being knowledgeable of the other. Joe on the other hand, I would love some kind of nod to S7/nest in the tech lab, but the origins are classified.