Fan Art: Critique requested: Reimagining Powermaster Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Optimus.Magnus, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

Hey, guys

So, lately wish lists have been popping up about what people want to see in the Power of the Primes line. I have said I want to see a Powermaster Rodimus Prime. This unfortunately makes people think of the firetruck concept art that was revealed long ago. That is not my vision.

I love PMOP because it's essentially G1 Optimus with a new, upgraded trailer with more firepower and a super mode That's precisely the vision I have for a PM Rodimus: Same alt-mode cab and normal mode, but with an enhanced weapons platform he can merge with.

powermaster rodimus.jpg

Many people have compared Rodimus' G1 look with either a winnebago or these bizarre japanese tractor trailer rigs. I used the latter as inspiration for his upgraded trailer.

I plan on turning this concept sketch into a full illustration and heck, down the road, into an exhaustive custom toy. Please let me know what you think of my design ideas so I can finalize his look!.

• Like Like x 5
  2. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Would have liked to see one toy like that. G1 Power master Optimus is one of my favourites ever.

3. marvel b

marvel b i'm marvel b, and i'll quote everything i like!

News Credits:
    cool!!!!

making me inspired to do the same!