Critics being paid under the table to bash TF2?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just wanted to add to this post saying it's human to go bitch about the little details when you find the overall product to be (wrecking) balls, just as an example of how bad it is in certain parts. Don't think that's meant to be 'minus 2 points because they made a fart joke' sort of thing, they're just pissed off for whatever reason and need to vent. :) 

So I'd say it wouldn't really be significant to them either and they'd be more forgivable if other parts were better.

I only half-agree with this though..because seriously, I don't think there is anyway Transformers would EVER FULLY appeal to older people (as in: grown ups that were never part of it / are not geeky / are above 40 :p )..it's just a kid/teenager/young adult thing..and the people that are older that enjoy it were all fan of it when they were younger.
    So even though yes, if the movie were better, they'd be more forgiving and rate it higher, but I think there will ALWAYS be a somewhat negative vibe towards Transformers just because these part of the critics will find the idea of robot toys battling stupid. Even if this would have been a quality movie.

I think many people have already mentioned it, but it is the same kind of negativity that critics have/had towards superhero movies (they seem to be getting milder lately because it's not new anymore so they got used to it). Now movies don't get immediately bashed anymore for being a superhero movie, they're still as much bashed when their plots and dialogues, etc. suck though :) .

Another thing alot of critics seem to be hateful towards: videogames. When a movie is bad in their opinion, they will be quick to compare it to a videogame/somebody playing a game/watching somebody playing a game. It's a horrible analogy that makes no sense to begin with, and only shows the negative attitude of the reviewer towards gaming.

2. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I don't believe you need to pay somebody to either like or dislike the balls of Devastator. It is probably just a matter of taste.

3. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Thanks man. You are right. I don't see how someone could get through RID either lol I stopped after Beast Machines then picked up with armada (Which started off boring but got better near the end). Got sick of Energon because of Kicker but I didn't mind Cybertron.

For me, I think this movie franchise is going good. It's doing a hell of alot better than the live action TMNT series and Batman & Robin, ugh, ew.

4. FriskyPinewood

FriskyPinewood Well-Known Member

LOL! Apply that to women you wanna date but have no intrest in you.

Nobody OWES you a reason for thier opinion...So when they volunteer one, accept it. M'kay?

5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What happened to the good ol' days when -I- was the one receiving payouts to not hate the first live-action movie? :( 

6. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you ok? This movie will suck to anyone that doesn't like explosions, robots, sexy gurlz, horrible comedy, and toys. The only reason everyone on here wants to watch it is because we're fans.

7. Tyrannosaur

Times have changed my friend Vangelus, unfortunatley.

True Megatronkickas, I'm seeing it because it's Transformers. That has been the reason. Even if it wasn't I'd still see it because I'm at the movies alot and I enjoy action. I really don't go in depth in terms of plot detail and character development if a plot is there and it's easy to understand I'm fine. Chaotic action can't go wrong at all. Characters have an entire franchise of build up for themselves and we pretty much know about alot of them, we TF fans don't need it. As long as TF is on the silver screen I'm fine with it. I loved the first one and I'm sure I'll love this one, and so will many Transfans out there and just regular movie-goers.

This discussion is over I think it's settled here.

8. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Yes, I think it's a good thing too. It's making general public aware of Transformers AT THE LEAST, it helps sell a gazillion toys, keeps Hasbro from pulling any plugs :) ..in fact, when TF business is going good, they will only be able to do MORE TF stuff.

I think what alot of people are (rightfully) scared of is, with this new group of people familiar only with Bayformers, they will 'demand' future material/toys to be in the same vein, so we would somehow lose the cool blocky Transformers and have them all replaced by the new super-complex ones.

Although this is certainly true to a point, the kind of money they are making off of it will also open the way to do more sideprojects, like Classics/Universe. Hasbro has stated numerous times these toylines had high demand, so I don't think the 'real' Transformers will disappear anytime soon. In the end, we will have more to pick from, and everybody will be pleased. Ahh, the perfect little world in my head..

9. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Watch out, this is a very dangerous statement to make :p 

Now somebody might tell you you are part of the problem. If only you would accept quality only instead of having a good time like you currently are having, then the movie business would be forced to make a better movie!

That, or tell you that, since you like these mindnumbing movies, you are stupid and cannot appreciate the more intelligent aspects of movie (or life in general), because there is always somebody that does not understand that enjoying something that is not very good does not mean you can't see the flaws but appreciate it for what it is. :) 

I hope by saying this any person who will now bust into this thread wanting to claim either one of these things will see this post and decide it is not a good idea anymore..but just in case, I am counting down..3..2...1...

10. hellfire565

hellfire565 Auticon

Cheap bastards.
    i wonder if michael bay would hire a hitman...

11. Huinkimusprime

Huinkimusprime Well-Known Member

Who cares...go see the movie...love it, hate it, fuck it, dont fuck it! It doesnt matter my young friend. You will will learn not everyone loves the same things you do and agree on everything you do. If you let it bother you than you won't enjoy it as much as you could and should. I got my ticket for tonight and I'm excited you should be!

12. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

*sigh*

Seeing others bash movies never really bothered me, because movies aren't real. But accusing real people of moral bankruptcy just because they don't share your enthusiasm? C'mon guys, we're better than this.

13. Tyrannosaur

You guys are right fuck the critics! I'm seeing this movie tomorrow and nothing will stop me!

Unless tickets are sold out like last time :cry :
    I went to like 3 different theaters all over RI and finally saw it. Damn it was worth it.