Customs: creative stand still

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Megatron31, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    working on 2 of my customs i have come to a complete standstill as far as creativity and how to achieve what i want been that way for a month now

who else has gotten stuck and how did you get unstuck (besides moving on to the next thing)

2. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

I play video games till the creative juices start flowing again.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I just play with the figure. Transform it, mistransform it. See what the figure can and can't do.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've came to this point a few times. I do one of two things, and I'd stress having the wisdom as to knowing which path to go:

Put it down and go do something else - ANYthing else! We've all came to this point with some project. You know, it's the time you've been laboring over something, and it . . . just . . . isn't . . . quite . . . working out! It's frustrating and to the point of wanting to hurl said project across the room. If you don't have a Tuner Mudflap willing to take the hurl, just take a deep breath, put it down, and walk away. Watch a movie, play a video game, read a book, post on a forum . . . literally anything to give you a fresh mind to when you come back. Just make sure it's something you feel is worth coming back to :) *

Plow straight through it. It's rough. It's wearing you out. It's just drudgery. But, you know exactly what has to be done (or a good idea of it), and sometimes it's best to keep truckin' on with it to the end. You know it's gonna be rough, but just stick to your guns and rough it out - the end will be worth it!

I've hit that crossroads before, and it's most helpful to know exactly which course to take.

Which ever way you go, Tuner Mudflap can be there to help you through the tough times. He always enjoys a good trip across the room, especially "taking one for the team". :D 

*Sometimes, there are some projects that you get here, examine what's been done, and know it's time to just move on 100%, never to return.

5. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do something creative.

Do something like sculpt, draw, make some music. That section of your brain has to be kept busy or it starts losing elements. You go out and bowl, play video games and you start going into a creative lethargy that really sucks and you have to work hard to get out of it.

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

1)Go out to your local toy store.
    2)Get a legends figure.
    3)Bash the hell out of legends figure.
    4)Get creativity flowing again.
    5)???
    6)Profit!

No seriously, that's what i do, i love to work on those little guys to get my creative juices flowing again, they're so cheap i don't feel bad when i totally wreck one of them.

Otherwise, just move one and come back later. I just started Operation: S.A.L.V.A.G.E, where i go back and tackle everything i've left off on over the years (and that's a lot of stuff). And i have to say the amount of ideas and skills i've gotten in the time between then ad now, plus the amount of extra parts to work with make it all that much easier.

7. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

This advice for going and doing seomthign else for a bit has never failed me. Sometimes I'll be so stuck i dont' see how to accomplish anything. I go play a game or do whatever, come back, and it's like there was no problem at all, and my brain has been working on the problem in the background. I've sometimes just sat down and BOOM! it's done. it's kind of odd actually. i feel like it's not even me sitting there.
    I'm assuming it's Devie, and dude, you took on a quite a design project. your doing something completely new. it's going to be tough. I'd be happy to try and help you out with ideas if you want. With my autotrooper, i thought I was spinning my wheels unitl I showed the head and parts to some local board members, and got some really good feedback. it made me realize i was on the right track and thats a big part of motivation.
    Good luck!

Randy!

8. Megatron31

Ebay:
    Randy u nailed I'm stuck on several figs (longhaul and hook). I could bounce over to scrapper but I'm working 2 jobs right now and travel a lot. I'm actually setting in my hotel in kansas city MO as I write this. So when I have free time. I can't seem to get anywhere. I stared at longhaul for literally 2 hours Thursday and couldn't get any ideas on how to progress form on him is great but detail and a few major details are lacking. (attaching the head andgiving him heel spurs so he can stand) but I'm gonna have 2 weeks off over christmas so maybe I can pick back up

Thanks for all the suggestions and randy I will be giving u a shout to see if I can get some fresh ideas

9. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

No problem man, I've been keeping my longhaul design close to my chest, but I should just show it to you, might help us both out getting ours done. :) 
    Have a good thanksgiving!

Randy!

10. Megatron31

Ebay:
    i will shoot you a pm wiht my email in it when i get back in to town on sunday or someting
    and maybe we can exchange thoughts on him and happy turky day to you too man