Creation of Cybertron's Moons in the 1986 Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Distant1, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

This is a bit of a follow up from the Where is Cybertron thread.

In the G1 Cartoon after the Ultimate Doom episodes, Cybertron ends up near Quintessa and Junkion but how does Cybertron get its moons?

I would have thought at least 2 asteroids end up near Cybertron and they start orbiting Cybertron and the Autobots build on at least 2 of them after any remaining Autobots have been evacuated from Cybertron. But does anyone have another explanation as to how Cybertron gots its moons (post-1985)?

2. Distant1

Please, someone, respond.

I am trying to write some fanfiction and any feedback or thought are really helpful.

3. Furnace

Furnace The original Starscream

They could have been built by the Autobots between 1985 and 2005 for strategic purposes. Thus, the Decepticons control Cybertron, but the Autobots control the surrounding space.

4. Distant1

Thanks for your reply. I think that the Autobots control close to half of the surrounding space around Cybertron.

I like to believe that the Decepticons are able to find enough fuel from other planets. This enables the upper tier of Decepticon hierarchy to reside on Cybertron. A major battle on Cybertron where Elita-1 and the other Female Autobots were killed (this happens closer to 1985 than 2005) and at that point in time other Autobots like Springer, Blurr, and Ultra Magnus are forced to evacuate Cybertron. Maybe Omega gets injured and is forced to land on an asteroid and the Autobots build on that asteroid as a base to launch their attack on the Decepticons and re-take Cybertron.

Stating the obvious, but it must take a lot of work and time to build a fully functional moonbase.

5. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Remember the monbases were secret staging grounds. So they must have built the bases in secret (cos we all know how well that secret was kept!)

I think after season 2, Cybertron was floating through space (I forget if it was moved anywhere in season 2, like Revenge of Bruticus, or if Ultimate Doom in season 1 was the only time). But as it drifted through the cosmos, it came close to a trio of rogue planetoids. The gravity of these pulled Cybertron nito a stable position and the three moons started orbiting it. At this point, the Decepticons had driven the bots off Cybertron and they started construction of the moonbases in secret, only using two of the moons due to lack of resources for three and also to confuse the cons.

Why do I say three? Because the opening narration says "Two of Cybertron's moons", implying more, and after Moonbase 2 is eaten, we see a third orbiting around Unicron. This third moon was blasted out of orbit when Unicron's body exploded.

I also believe the bots don't control any space around Cybertron in 2005. It's deep in Decepticon territory.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Distant1

Secret staging grounds sounds as plausible as Cyclonus and his Armada.

I thinking they would have built on the smallest of the rogue planetoids first. At least get one built and go from there.

7. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I try not to worry too much about making the movie fit in perfectly with the series. Otherwise, you're left to try to explain the absence of the other season two Autobots, as well the other combiner teams. I say just enjoy the movie, and try not to make too much of it. Heck, feel free to come up with your own personal head canon to explain the two moons.

8. Distant1

I am not going to worry too much about it and I have enjoyed the movie many times. I really wish a mini-series or a movie length episode would cover this gap. I think all the productions the Franchise has made since 1988, why could they not really make a really good product to cover this gap (and even up to the start of FFOD).

I think death in battle accounts for some missing Autobots (Skids, Inferno, Hoist and maybe Skyfire). More fighting could have been happening at the Ark (this explains the absence of the new combiners) and some Autobots being at the Ark.

The introduction of S3 characters is harder to come up with decent head-canon. Especially, for Broadside (if he was actually alive pre-2005).

9. Insurgent

The secret files of teletraan two helps with this. The new guys were scattered around the galaxy for a long time having been forced off Cybertron. So it's logical to assume upon completion of autobot city, a message was transmitted for all scattered Autobots to make their way to earth.

10. Distant1

I remember that. And they mentioned SkyLynx who was in a place far away. I think some Autobots definitely (other than Fembots and Alpha) remained on Cybertron as per references in Ultimate Doom and Child's Play.

In my headcanon, those characters may spend a lot of time of Cybertron but that is to get fuel for Autobots remaining on Cybertron. A bit old-fashioned but I refuse to believe that Optimus would just leave the Fembots to fend for themselves against the Decepticons.

The main thing is that if Cybertron was virtually devoid of Decepticons (just Shockwave some jets and sentinels) then I think if Broadside and SkyLynx are fully functional and still in touch with other Autobots then they could re-take control of Cybertron.

11. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How so you build two big ass moons near your enemy's planet without getting noticed? May as well use that technology and resources to just win back Cybertron directly.

12. Distant1

Yeah, if there was some show to fill in the gaps it would be good if it were explained why Sky Lynx (and maybe Broadside) had to leave Cybertron (presumably energy requirements) and what his role was on leaving Cybertron. Otherwise, yeah in the last 4M years, the Autobots could have launched a full-scale assault on Cybertron and force the likes of the Storm Seeker to flee Cybertron (I see Shockwave as the Captain type who would go down with his ship).

13. Insurgent

Let's not forget, the Autobots were only driven off Cybertron at some point in the past twenty years. And we don't know if there were other pockets of autobot resistance still operating on the planet. And Prime was talking about gathering enough energon to power a full scale assault. So plans were being laid to have a full assault, Megatron just triggered his first.

They also didn't have optimus for thos 4M years and they do seem a bit useless without his leadership.

14. Distant1

Yeah, I was thinking the Autobots (who did not board the Ark) may have been lacking leadership in mounting a full-scale attack. With SkyLynx, you would think the leader would have confidence as SkyLynx was not lacking in that department.

15. Insurgent

He has the confidence. But does he have the skills? The only time I remember him leading anyone was in Call of the Primitives, and everyone died. Except Grimlock. And only because he got squished by dead Trypticon.

16. Distant1

Debateable. But that was not your ordinary Decepticons in that episode. Makes me wonder about the Autobot leadership in Optimus Prime's absence.