Creating the definitive cartoon continuity list

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Niv3k, Aug 22, 2017.

1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    It's kind of a technicality...but Robotmasters is a two-episode OVA, not a "Season" per se.

2. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

I admit that but so is trying to say the beast wars series was explicitly tied to the cartoon
    I'm not sure why you're resting how
    Without quoting you exactly you said Galvatrons killing Starscream was a G1 cartoon only thing

But that's not true because the time traveling galvatron from the U.K. books but also killed starscream
    You're not nemesis of that first line right?
    Maybe as a non-camoc fan it's a surprise to find out but more than most of the early appearances In the comics had the two-tone face color

It wasn't until I would say at least be on the under base story that we started to see a full black face on a more regular basis

and the two-tone face was back for the G2 comics not to mention that it's held a toy is presented also

Which really proves nothing

Up until beast wars the name "The ark" for the auto bot ship was exclusively a comic book thing

Attached Files:

3. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

ArkComic1.jpg Arkbw.jpg ArkCartoon1.jpg I retract my earlier statement... Definitely not identical.
    You're thinking of Target 2006 right? That was a facsimile construct made to trick Galvatron, not the actual Starscream. Again, he usually outlives Galvatron in the canon proper.
    I was seeing either all-black or all-white (for his new body) in G2 when I was on google earlier. [To your pics, 1. Multiple coloring errors 2. Mostly black/blue 3. That's shading 4. Again, mostly black/blue. Nothing 100% matches the BW model... Also his G2 body is colored differently to his G1 body]
    ?? ??? ?
    Dude how? I'm not going to acknowledge your headcanon that Starscream became a ghost sometime after the end of Marvel G1. It's canon, darn you! IT's CAN0N!
    [jk i give up. Think what you want to think, at this point it doesn't even affect the topic of this thread.]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  4. Altered Prime

The ship had a number of different appearances in the comic
    No I'm talking about the "future" the time traveling characters came from

I was speaking more on G1 earlier Looks in the books

As to the type of what I'm referring to the toy also having the two toned face
    simple math

its not about anyone's headcanon, its simplely about what's shown in beast wars, and its that it shares elements of both the comic history and the cartoon

Which equates that its explicitly linked neither

And for the record that was it had counted that was just something I posted to show what we do and don't know

And there's always also the fact that he becomes a ghost in other continuities not related to G1

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  5. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

agh I said I'd stop but the second design came when the Ark was rebuilt not before it crashed, and neither of them look anything like the BW/G1 cartoon design.

I'm done now I promise. If we don't keep the discussion relevant to the op's topic he might have to request a name change...

6. Altered Prime

Kool

7. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You're right. It's just that I order everything within seasons on my computer.

As for the Beast Wars discussion: I'll keep the beast series in the Generation 1 continuity as I believe that the 'G1' characters in those episodes are from the cartoon based on their appearance.

8. Altered Prime

The issue with Beast Wars wasn't whether or not it was connected to a G1 continuity but to which G1 continuity

9. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I know. And I decided to keep Beast Wars in the Generation 1 continuity. Which in the context of this thread means the G1 Cartoon Continuity.

10. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Anyone that could provide some more input?

11. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I place Beast Wars in either G1 comic or G1 cartoon continuity. The fact that it can be compatible to both works real well for the fan of one over the other. Personally though, it works better as a G1 cartoon sequel overall. The real clincher to Beast Wars being a sequel to the G1 cartoon over the comic in my eyes is the Regeneration One comic. I understand that it's a splinter timeline from Issue 80 but the ending makes it impossible to be followed by Beast Wars.

I also think that Beast Wars works as a retcon for certain aspects of the G1 cartoon too, such as incorporating Sparks and Primus.

12. Megano

Megano Well-Known Member

In my head Beast Wars takes place in the past..Beast Wars II and Neo likely take place sometime during the maximal/predacons' original times on Cybertron. This means that while Optimus Primal and Megatron fought on past Earth, the other two casts were fighting over Angolmois on Gaea. Neo is after II

13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

And that makes sense if your source for connecting the them is stuff like Magmatron's U.S. bio, where it's definitely implied that Magmatron comes back from the events of Beast Wars Neo to find Cybertron under Beast Machines Megatron's control. (Never mind that if Neo follows from Japanese G1 continuity, he'd be returning to a different Cybertron, since the one we know was destroyed in Headmasters...)

But in the crossover movie, the BWII cast views Optimus Primal as a legend from history, suggesting that the Japanese material is supposed to take place significantly later than the time the Axalon and Darksyde left from.

The disappointing truth is that these stories just weren't meant for form a coherent interlocking narrative. Beast Wars was purposely unspecific about the "G1" period of its timeline. Even if we assume the cartoon version, that timeline differs for Western and Japanese audiences. Beast Wars II and Neo were written without any idea what was going to happen in Beast Wars seasons 2 and 3, or in Beast Machines, respectively. Beast Machines was written without any clue that Neo was going on, let alone Headmasters. The best thing is to take each story on its own terms, and allow it to borrow whatever lore it needs from the others without too much concern over whether it all fits.

14. Altered Prime

that's because when that movie was written and produced the legendary Convoy in question was believed to be G1 Convoy AKA G1 Optimus Prime

At the time the Japanese were still under the belief that the Convoy & Megatron in the Beast Wars series we're new bodies for the G1 counterparts

15. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube: