Customs: Creating a Beast Wars Darksyde Terrorsaur

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OhSlag!, Feb 15, 2010.

1. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

So... seeing as I am addicted to the Beast Wars portion of the G1 continuity and collected most of the major figures from the show I wanted a pre-Earth Terrorsaur. You can see and image of him from the Timelines comic below:

[​IMG]

Before I attempt at this I need to find a suitible figure to work with that looks to have a similar transformation to the above picture, aka wings and cockpit on the back. My figure knowledge is basically limited to G1 and Beast Wars I need some help from you genius collectors and fans.

Any suggestions?

2. Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall Lilwall Leader

you could use an actual terrosaur figure maybe. changing his chest, back/wings and beast head for jet like parts (from what i'm not sure). for his robot mode you could swap out his arms and legs for those of a machine wars skywarp/thundercracker figure

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would a skyblast work better?
    [​IMG]

5. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

with out seeing the alt mode I would have to take a few liberties on how the jet mode would really look, eg where do the legs go etc. if i were to try this I think I would end up trying to reshell the uni sideswipe mold, sound wierd but hear me out. the chest mechanism on that mold would allow for the thrusters to be on the chest these would be remolded on top of the bonnet area of sideswipe. I would then change the back piece, which would sideswipes roof into the top of the jet mode with the wings attached. this piece would have to have a hinge on it to fold the cockpit up and down. For the legs I would keep the thighs but change the shins to something that could merge with the underside of the cockpit to help form the nose and underside of the jet. a very complicated way to do it, but i think it could look good with a good reshell job. I hope I help in someway