Create a video game based on a movie...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by rattrap007, Aug 3, 2008.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OK now is your chance to take a movie and base a modern day game around it. What would you make and what would it be like. If it is on the 360, come up with some Achievement ideas if you can..

Ok I was just watching The Running Man. In part of the movie, the audience get prizes, one of which is the Running Man Home Game. Granted it is a board game. But this got me thinking of what if they made a video game of it today. I came up with this:

It would be 3rd person view with some 1st person option. Think Mass Effect. Throw in some random prizes and money for points (Think Smash TV). You have to play as the Running Man the first time through. But after you've completed it once you can become a stalker. You can use any of the stalkers used in the film (the will automatically appear in the Running Man part). You create your own runner and adjust stats. You use the money and prizes towards adjusting stats.

Achievements would be based on Arnold's quips. Kill Buzzsaw and get the "He had to split.." Achievement. Kill Sub-Zero and get the "Pain in the Neck.." Achievement, etc. Possibly make the quips the Hard level achievments and just the stalker's name be the Normal level achievement.

First stages would be the prison break and be first person view. Then an Airport escape attempt level which puts it in 3rd person. Then the 3rd person Running Man levels, then the studio raid goes back to 1st person shooter.

What do you think?

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Sonic the Movie, kinda like the Adventure series gameplay with the movie storyline and stuff, maybe the movie bundled with it

3. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Easily The Dark Knight game. Since the only thing we have is a interview from Gary Oldman, I still kinda doubt it exists. I would make it free roaming similar to Spider-Man maybe. Also I would make the Tumbler always availible to make a quick get away from the cops or for chase scenes.

4. GeewunGrimlock

GeewunGrimlock Well-Known Member

GTA Star Wars!

5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Taking from some of my favorite films:

Jurassic Park NEEDS to jump on the survival horror bandwagon.
    I know, Dino Crisis already did this, but JP should have done so by now too. So does Alien(s).

Predator NEEDS to be a sandbox/MGS3 hybrid.
    Let the game have you play as Dutch, leading his men through the jungle, and then play as the Predator when the time arises to "Hunt" me some Jesse Ventura. Both Dutch and the Predator can employ stealth game play.

Add in multiplayer 3-way with the US Army Special Forces Unit (7 players) vs the guerillas (16 players, but not as strong as the Special Forces) vs the Predator (1 player who is incredibly strong and invisible).

Make multiplayer modes like:
    "stealth" (special forces vs predator. both teams have stealth (mud or cloak) enabled)
    "team DM" (all classes team battle)
    "free4all" (every man for himself)
    "hunted" (kills do not count. players must collect skulls of opponents to win)
    "if it bleeds" (special forces and guerrillas gain team points by killing the predator)
    "guerrilla warfare" (short ranged & hit and run weapons only. ability to plant traps and bombs)
    "have some fun tonight" (special forces attack guerrillas base. guerrillas must defend base to win)
    "get to da choppah!" (kill all opposing team members before any can evac from area)

Jurassic Park could also greatly benefit from a sandbox type game that has you traversing the entire island or set of islands, while avoiding bloodthirsty dinosaurs. You can take over abandoned buildings and set up camps to use as safe houses and cache points for items you collect/find.

6. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

there was a jurassic park FPS back in the day that seemed to be HUGE level wise on pc and had a nice isolated on the island feel. I dont remember the name of it, but the lead was a female and it had a really annoying environment interaction when picking up items. ( you actually had to control the arm to pick up anything, weapons, items, objects, open doors) And her health was a tattoo of a heart on her boob that you would look down at and would change depending on remaining health.

7. netkid

News Credits:
    I have that game. It's called Trespasser. And damn does it need to be updated or looked at as reference for a future JP game.

8. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I'd do a game based on Clash of the Titans. 3rd person free roamer. Epic boss fights galore, such as against the giant scorpions and Medusa. And an awesome aerial boss fight on Pegasus vs The Kraken.

9. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Big Lebowski: the Game

1st person shooter. You control Walter. The game is basically just Gears of War, but you shoot Nihilists.

For the bonus levels, you break giant barrels that fall from the ceiling.

10. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    :lolol  That'd be PERFECT. You'd be stealin' people's starfighters, and gettin' it on with Twi'lek hookers. I LOVE IT!

11. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Pirates of the Carribean, Twisted Metal style

That puts the Flying Dutchman at about the same level of Difficulty/Cheapness, right?

12. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    debbie does dallas....camera man?

13. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    oh mah lawd this this this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. netkid

News Credits:
    jdre_124, what the heck is your Signature from and what does it mean?

Oh, and thank you for the compliment.

15. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Road House, because i've always wanted a proper bar fighting game with fully destructable and usable environments.

That movie with the zombies would make a great game as well, I think it was called Residential Knievel.

16. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    A sports RPG.

17. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    The sig was created by a social group I was apart of and is taken from a awesome canned cartoon called Clone High. As for what it means I have know frickin clue. I know it's some monster one of the main character creates that looks like a cute, puffball until it's hungry(like in the sig). I've been meaning to take it down but I'm lazy :\

Your welcome. Always happy to find a JP fan.

18. netkid

News Credits:
    *Looks up "Clone High"*

Heh. I find it funny that all of the clones in that show previously died horrible deaths by assassination, execution or suicide. Why didn't they bring in clones like George Washington, Teddy Roosevelt, or Ghangis Khan? So much unused potential. Oh well...

What JP games do you own?

I have TLW-JP: Trespasser (PC), JP: Operation Genesis (PS2), JP3: Island Attack (GBA), and JP3: Park Builder (GBA).

19. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i think a game based off of Crank would be pretty amazing. have a totally destructible environment, with access to all objects and vehicles. you have to achieve the goals in each mission/levelm but while keeping your adrenaline up. christ that would be so much fun.

20. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:

:lol  I think the creators mentioned that somewhere. That all the clones were of people that met gruesome deaths.

I still own JP: Island Attack, The Lost World: Jurassic Park(PS1), but I've also played The Lost World: Jurassic Park(Arcade) to completion recently(took a lot of goddamn quaters too), and I played the original Jurassic Park game on the Sega Genesis(The side scrolling one).

I've wanted to play Trespasser but I haven't gotten the chance to yet. I really hope if JP4 ever does come to fruitation that it reinvigorates developers to create games based on the franchise. I think games based on the series have a lot of potentional. Something similiar to the upcoming Aliens: Colonial Marines would be awesome. But what I would really want is..........ANOTHER FREAKIN TOYLINE!!!