Create a toy line based on a TV series...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by rattrap007, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

2. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    :lol  how true indeed... they only get turned on by scantily-clad anime females or giant robots, but nothing in between.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I know these are mostly movie ones, but I still want them. -

Need some Mcgyver figs, and some new A Team ones

Also want some Beastmaster dudes , mainly the villains, but would take Sacco, Kiri, kiri topless variant, Dar, Maax, Seth, Tal, Zed, Winged creatures,2 Marauders and the Witchwomen

A new Blue Thunder helicoptor

Would love some horror movie figs, made like the 25th GI Joes, (Freddy, Jason, The Creeper....)

James Bond & Resovioir Dog figs

More Transformers G1- The Animated line has proved that Hasbro can make the toys look just like the show. Apply those new skills to 1984.
    The Classics dont count, they're more like upgrades than dead on originals

4. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Dude these already exist.

[​IMG]

I think there's several versions (6" and 12"?) and they've been done by more than one company over the years.

5. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

AEON FLUX. The cartoon, not the movie. If they can make Invader Zim figures(and they did, skinny arms and huge heads and all!), they can do Aeon. Aeon Flux and Trevor Goodchild would be givens, But you could do two packs of Breen soldiers and Monican agents for troop building. Also: Aeon's car. Variants of Aeon's different outfits would also be very welcome.

I'd also really like to see The MAXX. Not just one figure in an "Alternative Comics one-offs action figure line", but a full line dedicated to The MAXX.
    Every figure could come with three or four Iszes, and they could FINALY make a Mr. Gone figure.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Duckman

Wave 1 - Duckman Detective Agency

- Duckman - Fully articulated, comes with a prop from the detective agency and a voice chip that plays 3 phrases from the show.
    - Cornfed - Same articulation as Duckman, comes with a different prop and voice chip with 3 phrases.
    - Fluffy - Half the size of the other figures in the line but comes with a variety of interchangable parts for show-accurate 'killed by Duckman' action. Also features Agency prop and voice chip.
    - Uranus - Same as Fluffy.
    - King Chicken - Fully articulated, comes with mysterious amulet and voice chip.
    - Shortpacked figure - Honey Chicken - Same accessories as King Chicken, but different voice chip.

Wave 2 - Duckman at Home

- Ajax - Fully articulated, comes with 'house' prop and voice chip.
    - Charles and Mambo - Fully articulated, voice chip has four phrases (one for each head), also includes house prop.
    - Bernice (workout clothes) - Fully articulated, with house prop and voice chip.
    - Bernice (Congresswoman clothes) - Chase figure.
    - Beverly - Fully articulated, with house prop and voice chip.
    - Grandma-ma - Fully articulated, comes with wheelchair and voice chip that plays various flatulence noises.
    - Agnes Delrooney - Chase figure. The Grandma-ma figure with a different voice chip. No way to tell this from the non-chase without opening the box.

SDCC Exclusive - Beatrice

Whose Line Is It Anyway? (US) - Each figure in the line is fully articulated and comes with a 'Prop' or 'Hat' accessory based on those that appeared in the show.

Wave 1
    - Denny Siegel
    - Greg Proops
    - Ryan Stiles
    - Kathy Greenwood
    - Drew Carey
    - Chase figure - Clive Anderson - Same accessories as Drew Carey.

Wave 2
    - Colin Mochrie
    - Josie Lawrence
    - Wayne Brady
    - Karen Maruyama
    - Jeff Davis
    - Chase figure - Stephen Colbert - Unique accessories.

SDCC Exclusive - Celebrity Guest Star four-pack - Includes Whoopi Goldberg, Robin Williams, Hugh Hefner and Richard Simmons.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  7. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Can we get some Thundercats with articulation already?

8. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Automan. I want the car, plane, and cursor.

I also want a James Garner as Rockford figure for some reason.

I really want a Red Sonja figure too. But not of Brigette Neilson.

9. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Danny Phantom!
    Articulated figures with a buttload of accessories.

Wave One: Main Cast and First Ghosts
    "Classic" Danny Phantom- Without DP logo. Comes with Fenton Thermos, Ecto-blasts, Map of the Ghost World, and interchangeable "invisible" and "intangible" arms

Sam- Comes with the Dragon Amulet, Fenton Fisher, Eco-Goth Lunch Meal, Fenton Earpieces and Moped

Tucker- Comes with P.D.A., Computer, Fenton "Dream Catcher" (Splicer), Ember Wig, and Moped

Lunch Lady- Comes with Meat Demons, Cake, and Giant Drumstick

"Classic" Technus- Comes with interchangeable parts to create Technus 2.0, as well as "Video Game" Technus. Includes shock staff.

Skullker- Comes with add-on weapons (crossbow, grapple hook) and armor is compatible with Tucker's P.D.A. Also includes "true" Skullker.

Desira and Tucker Phantom two-pack- Comes with Lamp, various summoned ghosts. (Football Player, Hello Kitty)

Wave Two: Powerful Ghosts
    Danny Phantom- With DP logo. Comes with Cujo, the Fenton Fists, Fenton "Belt", Time Amulet, and Ecto-shield.

Vlad Plasmius- Comes with Original Fenton Portal, Cheese-head hat, Ecto-blasts, Ecto-shield, and three Vultures

Ember- Comes with Guitar, interchangeable flame-hair, Microphone and stand, and attachable Ecto-fist, Ecto-Love, and Ecto-music.

Fright-Knight- Comes with pumpkin, Sword of Fear, and Winged Horse.

Miss Spectre- Includes Phantom Form, Gertrude (In pure form), and Ghost-mosquitoes

Walker and Wulf two-pack- Comes with rulebook, gift, Ghost-nightsticks and handcuffs. Also comes with remote and removable collar.

Wave Three- Greatest Villains
    Freeze Danny Phantom- Comes with various Ecto-ice shields, beams, and ice attachments. Also comes with interchangeable "Ghostly Wail" head.

Dan Phantom (Dark Danny)- Comes with Time Amulet, busted Fenton Thermos, Test answer sheet, and Extracting Gloves.

Pariah Dark- Includes Crown of Fear and Ring of Rage, Sarcophagus of Forever-Sleep, and various Ecto-beams and shields.

Freakshow- Comes with controlling staff, Reality Glove, and Tattoo Ghost.

Fenton-Exo-Suit- Any Danny-sized figure can fit inside. Comes with attachable Technus' Shock Staff and pack of Bio-cells.

Danny in Fenton-Exo-Suit- Basic Danny Phantom in Exo-suit, but with Danny Phantom colors and logo.

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Elfen Lied figures, with clear plastic clip on vector arms.
    I'd buy them all (ok, maybe not Yuka, Mayu or Kohta....or any of the other human characters)

And more Tenchi Muyo figures. I want a Kagato!

But top of my list, while not a TV series, is Smash Bros figures. With lots of accessories.

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm gonna add movies to this thread. (mod can change modify title too)

Mystery Men - Wave 1 is The Mystery Men themselves in their "wannabe" outfits. Articulation is not super key on these. More for display than play.. Wave 2 is Villains and secondary characters. wave 3 is Mystery Men in their professional attire.

Wave 1
    The Shoveler - Comes with helmet and shovel.
    Blue Rahja - comes with spare hands holding forks and cloth cape.
    Mr Furious - comes with angry head
    The Bowler - comes with bowling bag w/ball, spare hands with attached ball.
    Spleen - Come with cloth cape and fart fx chip. Also considering a smell feature like Stinkor from MOTU.
    Invisible Boy - Not sure on accessories

Wave 2 Bad guys & secondaries (not sure on accessories)
    Casanova Frankenstein
    Captain Amazing - Chase version would be the alter ego.
    Disco Boys - each Comes with big handgun and tiny disco ball. There are two figures so both would appear.
    Blue Sphinx - Thinking a voice chip feature that spouts off advice
    Dr. A Heller - The inventor. Chase version would be his old folks home out fit.

Wave 3 - The Mystery Men (professional versions)
    Shoveler - comes with shovel and hand trowel that fits in hip sheath/holster
    Blue Rahja - same as first version accessories
    Invisible Boy - comes with Blame Gun. Chase version is clear.
    Spleen - Comes with clothes shrink ray
    Bowler - Same as first figure.
    Mr. Furious - similar to first figure.

Also like to see Galaxy Quest figures done. Toyfare made one of Alan Rickman's character. Looked pretty good.

12. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

I was flipping through the tv channels early this morning when a show called Robotboy came on cartoonnetwork. I thought it would be interesting to see a deluxe sized robotboy that can have armour added on to look like his super form.