Create a toy line based on a TV series...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by rattrap007, Aug 18, 2008.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here is your chance to make a toy line based on a TV show. Can be how ever you like it. What would it be like? Who would be in it? And so on... You can base it on any show you like. You could make one based on Little House on the Prairie, Prison Break, Golden Girls or Firefly. Doesn't matter. Here are some of my ideas:

The Venture Brothers
    The line would be done like the Marvel Legends lines. Good articulation for pose ability. Each would come with accessories and have two versions evenly pack in a case. Each version would be a different costume. Possibility of a rare chase figure of maybe one figure.

Wave 1- The Venture Family Wave
    Dr. Thaddeus Venture - Costume 1 is the standard pink onesie suit he always wears. Costume 2 is Rusty out on the town wear with the plaid leisure suit, wig, and gold medallion. Accessories would be a drink and maybe a tiny walking eye and misc science stuff.
    Brock Sampson - Costume 1 is the standard blue Hawaiian shirt and white dockers. Costume 2 is black T-Shirt and jeans. Would come with knife and sheath on hip and crazy murderous face head. Chase version is bloody costume one with bloody knife.
    Dean Venture - Costume 1 is standard vest and jeans. Costume 2 is Spiderman PJs Dean. Would come with a hover bike and hand for Team Venture sign.
    Hank Venture - Costume 1 is normal clothes. Costume 2 is Aquaman PJs. Also comes with Hover Bike and Team Venture hand (but his is opposite Dean's)
    HELPER - Version 1 is Standard HELPER. Version two is Defense Mode. Each comes with the accessories to make the other one.
    Jonas Jr. - Version 1 is him in the blue work suit. Version 2 is the tuxedo. Comes with giant robot body and two little PHDs.
    BAF - Jonas Venture Sr. - The line has a Build a figure to it. It is Jonas Venture Sr. Comes in the blue work overalls.

WAVE 2 - Villains wave
    The Monarch - Version 1 is Standard Monarch costume. Version 2 is old school monarch. Comes with alternative set of wings so they can be up or folded down and throne.
    Dr. Girlfriend - Ver. 1 is the pink suit with pillbox hat. Ver. 2 is Dr. Mrs. The Monarch costume. Also comes with throne.
    Henchmen 21 - Ver. 1 is standard Henchman costume. Ver. 2 is unmasked/civilian clothes. Comes with geek accessories and rifle
    Henchman 24 - Ver. 1 is standard costume. Ver. 2 is civilian clothes. comes with mini monarch mobile and nissan stanza. also comes with rifle.
    Phantom Limb - Has clear plastic limbs and clear plastic stand to hold him in the air. Arms and legs are removable. Comes with trench coat, hat, and gloves for the costume he wore in Trial of the Monarch. Version 1 is normal look. Version 2 is him in the Trench coat with clear hands packaged to the side. Chase version is lightning shock arms and hands.
    The Murderous Moppets - Sailor suit and larva suit variants. Come with knives.
    BAF - Dr. Henry Killenger - comes with murder bag and umbrella..

Wave 3 - Friends and Enemies 1
    Dr. Orpheus - ver 1 is normal look. ver 2 is him in the blue wind breaker. Comes with Triad sign hands, and the Cerberus version of Master.
    The Alchemist - Ver 1 is standard look. Ver. 2 is Hawaiian shirt and kahkis. Comes with Triad hand and sack of snacks for party.
    Jefferson Twilight - Ver 1 is normal look. Not sure on ver 2. Comes with blackula hunting equip and some nik-l-nips.
    White and Billy Master Quizboy - ver 1 is normal look. 2 is Gamemaster White and Quizboy outfit. comes with umbrella and shrink gun.
    Triana and friend - just one version of these.
    Baron Underbheit - Ver 1 is normal look. Ver 2 is Wedding Baron. not sure on accessories.
    BAF - ??

Wave 4 - Old School Team Venture (Versions are Old and Young)
    Col. Gentleman -Comes with diary, cane, and ??.
    Action Man - Comes with guns
    Otto Aquarious - Comes with religious tracts and copy of watchtower.
    Rusty Venture and Hector - old Rusty is wearing old school Rust V clothes (ala ORB). Old Hector is in blue overalls
    Swifty - has normal hands and boxing gloved hands
    Dr. Jonas Venture - Lab Coat version and bloodied version.
    BAF Kano

Wave 5 - Friends and enemies 2
    Sgt. Hatred - Comes with Princess Tinyfeet
    Catclops - Comes with Tiger Bomb (normal and burnt version)
    Manic 8 Ball - Comes with Tiger Bomb (normal and burnt version)
    Girl Hitler - another Tiger Bomb (normal and burnt version)
    Dr. Impossible - Ver1 is purple suit version. Ver 2 is Tux. comes with extra stretch pieces. Basically he is the same as a Mr Fantastic figure.
    Sally Impossible - Visible and invisible versions. Comes with Cody in cryo chamber. Chase ver has flaming Cody.
    BAF - Ned - Just the giant walking callus.

And so on... Future lines would be super villain prisoners and Tiny Attorney, Guild and OSI guys, Hunter Gatherers, Manstrong (with mother), Cocktease, Myra Brandish, Dermott, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Klaus, etc.

Some box sets or convention/store/magazine/website exclusive ideas:
    Venture Family as Rocky Horror Picture Show, Venture Family as Star Wars and The Bat, Caterpillar Dr. Venture (Mid Life Chrysalis), Dr. Girlfriend in the clear outfit, Prison Monarch w/ prison made wings, etc.

Arrested Development
    Less articulated than Venture Bros. Just the major joints. Each would come with an accessory. Micheal would come with a bike, GOB with a segway and magic cards, Buster with alternate hand, Lucille with drink, etc. Rare version of Tobias as either a Blue Man or Mrs. Featherbottom..

2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Oh well you won the thread already. Both of those NEED to happen in some form so I could buy the crap out of them.

The only other idea I have besides those 2 would be a Comedians of Comedy set, with about as much articulation as some of the McFarlane figures.

Wave 1:

Patton Oswalt - accessories include a mic stand, and a bottle of aged scotch.
    Brian Posehn - accessories include a polybag and backing board, and interchangeable hands to make the "sign of the goat".
    Maria Bamford - accessories include a library card for renting VHS tapes and her dog Blossom
    Zatchy Galifiasnatchy - accessories include a jar of mayonaise and a baby grand piano (rite?)

Variant figure would be Zach as his gentle twin, Seth. Accessories for him would be a copy of the Fugees (Fyew-geez) album and a bag of Funions.

Wave 2:

Eugene Mirman - accessories include his autographed plate, and a notebook full of his jokes
    John Mulaney - accessories include a coke mirror and a copy of Law & Order season 1
    Morgan Murphy - accessories include haggis and a derby.
    Jon Benjamin/David Cross 2 pack - accessories include a doctors stethoscope and an afro wig

Variant figure would be Eugene as The Insane High Detective, full on Sherlock Holmes hat and coat.

I think besides that, Tim & Eric figures would be awesome too. DL Hart, James Quall, Jojo Minelli and Spagett? Sign me up.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speaking of venture bros...where is there not a toyline for such an entertaining show!? I want a Brock figure!

4. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

Venture Brothers is licensed, isn't it?

Anyway, for my dream line Law & Order Special Victims Unit so I can army build rapist and child molesters.

(In case anyone hasn't realized this is a JOKE)

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

The Simpsons. I know they have toys but I want some that can articulate like any other figure, I don't know much about the merchandising but one might already be out

6. ErechOveraker

News Credits:

I believe Ventures have been held by at least 3 different companies, and is at Kid Robot right now. Boo.

Also, how is this not the most popular thread on the site right now? Sheesh!

7. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

@ErechOveraker: I need a Seth figure!! Preferrably a Hot Toys 13" talking one!

8. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

9. Reeds

These could be McFarlane like in detail but with <gasp> posability!

Tour of Duty action figures

WAVE 1

Private Roger Horn
    Lieutenant Colonel Dalby
    Lieutenant Myron Goldman
    Private Francis "Doc Hock" Hockinberry
    Private / Corporal / Sergeant Marvin Johnston

WAVE 2

Private Alberto Ruiz
    Private Thomas "Pop" Scarlett
    Private Marcus Taylor
    Corporal Daniel Percell
    Private Scott Baker

WAVE 3

Lieutenant Johnny McKay
    Sergeant Zeke Anderson
    Major Duncan
    Private William Griner
    Colonel Carl Brewster

SDCC Exclusives!

Private Thomas "Pop" Scarlett (Bionic ver)
    Colonel Carl Brewster (Pimp Daddy ver)

Mail Away Figure

Alex Devlin

10. Reeds

:bowdown: 

11. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It seems as though the license is just passed around from one failure of a company to another and nothing is ever released.

12. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy Agent of Hydra

Spaced action figures!
    in series 1 there could be a Tim with skateboard,comics,ps2 controller and a tiny action figure of gillian anderson. A daisy with typewriter, tin foil, and colin the dog. A Mike with various weapons and Private Iron. and a Brian with a canvas and various painting tools. there could also be a version of tim in his alien costume. and maybe a limited edition 2 pack with tim and daisy as shaggy and velma

13. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    ^ That'd be a great one.

I'm also nerdy enough to want Peep Show figures too. Mark, Jez, Super Hans, Big Suze and Johnson - yay!

14. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    It's not a TV series, but I would like to see some Resistance: Fall of Man figures. Every other game under the Sun has them....wtf? All I need is Nathan Hale and one of each of the aliens.

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Don´t forget the Special ops USA troopers, the british chick and the commando dude.

some vehcles like the Sabertoth tank and the Stalker too.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My bad but er, who is this???

17. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
  18. Reeds

If you have a Netflix account, you can watch the whole special there too since Netflix made it.

19. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    All right, you got me there...I would buy a figure of the british tart (haven't played campaign in a year, so I forget her name).

20. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

well, with whats going on today with marvel cross over transformers, it occured to me teh other day that a TURBO TEEN toy would so totally rock !!!

10 points for anybody who knows what i'm talking about.!!
    :D