Create-A-Bot melee question *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Deadend, May 8, 2010.

1. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    So we know we have several chasis for each class. Has anyone broken them down? What do we know about the melee weapon choices? Class specific?
    Also, from the looks of things we'll have a bunch of chasis to repaint, but what about at least head swaps in or out? The various MP footage has me confused at spots on that as well. Can't tell at times if there's a sideswipe head on a jazz model on the blue team. (Solely speculation and could be wrong.) Overall it looks like we have a chasis select, primary color, secondary color, and weapon choices, but I don't know where the melee weapon is chosen. And it looks like there's no head choose spot either on the menu, but spots go by pretty fast too.

Mostly I'm curious about the melee choices though, can we see fembots wielding axes, or swords, or even bumblebee chasis with a mace, or so on. Or jazz with swords, or sideswipe with an axe. etc. The weapon preferences could really help characters stand out.

2. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    There's still a lot of answered questions concerning multi-player, many of which I don't think will be fully answered until the game comes out. We know the chassis types are each connected to a different bot type (scouts=cars, scientists=jets, soldiers=tanks, leaders=trucks). As to which particular chassis is available to each class, well all you have to do it reference each character's alt mode for that.
    So far it seems only the color schemes and weapon loadouts seem to be customizable. Swapping parts between different TFs seems to be a non-option. None of High Moons staff have mentioned whether melee weapons are customizable, but I certainly hope they are (I'd love to equip Optimus with a sword).

3. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats sucks about the chassis and character class, silverbot is a scout with a jet chassis lol

4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

it also looks like your team can effect your color in some cases

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to know how accurate is this; is it a universal thing or just the Autobots?

These descriptions would make Megatron a soldier and Soundwave a leader, which I could actually see, but I would’ve still classified Megatron as a leader, and to a degree, Soundwave too.

I don't particularly like the fact that nearly every main Decepticon is a scientist either (sort of boring); conversely, nearly every Autobot is a scout. I just wish there were a bit more variety with classes and alternate forms. Why was it necessary to lock classes to specific modes?

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Technically speaking, the game characters aren't linked to any particular class. You don't have to look any further than Ratchet, who's a Leader class with the Scientist class healing gun.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good point. ...wonder if that's just in story mode?

8. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Well the chasis seem even so far. But have we seen everyone?

For the most part, the jets of the decepticons are just two.
    And the autobots have 3 I think.
    Most of the rest are recolors.
    Are these the chasis types we have to choose from? Or will there be more?
    I wonder what other models might be in there to choose from.
    RvB game types of course use the RvB color rules.

Now if the chasis isn't side specific, that opens it up a bit more.
    Then we have 6 jet chasis, 4 truck, 5 car, and 3 tank or something like that. Unless they show off more. (Which I hope they do! We still need cliffjumper, sunstreaker, brawn, and prowl at least for more reskinned cast.)
    I guess if there's more depends on if silverbolt and airraid are the same model.

So who gets what melee weapons then?

Attached Files:

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The conceptual art you've supplied has some old pictures. Air Raid was given a different body--the conceptual art has him as a paint variant of Jetfire.

Silver Bolt has his own body. He has for tail fins:
    [​IMG]

We've seen many different body types and alternate modes for the Transformers, and some of these don't look like the typical drones. There were a few other Autobot Jets shown and there's that one that many believed to be Grimlock (I think it's a jet, anyway).

We've seen a lot these past few days, but I still think there's much more to be seen. Trypticon's alternate mode hasn't been shown yet:drool: 

10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Hmm, okay so more chasis to choose from still. And hell yes on trypticon, but those two won't be chasis choices I'm willing to bet. lol

11. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I think it's unlikely that Grimlock will be a jet. All the others have alt modes that reflect their Earth modes, and a jet doesn't seem to reflect a Tyrannosaurus. It's more likely that a WfC Dinobot jet will be Swoop. Plus I think we got an image of Grimlock (it's on the TF wiki) that's more tank-like that anything.

It seems that each class in the character creation mode gets their own weapons, although I think there would be weapons in the multiplayer modes that you could pick up and use.

12. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

In the first multiplayer trailer you can see there's three chassis per class (and per side, obviously). You start with one per class and unlock the others as you level up that class.

So Grimlock isn't a jet simply by virtue of the three autobot jets already being known (Air Raid, Jetfire, Silverbolt) and visible in the multiplayer trailer. We also already know the three scout chassis (Bumblebee, Jazz, Sideswipe) and the three leader chassis (Ratchet, Ironhide, Optimus). So Grimlock can only be a soldier, which is made even more likely by the fact we've only seen two autobot tanks so far (Warpath and that white guy in concept art photos).

...well, I wish I could say that with certainty, but the problem is, it doesn't account for Arcee, which would rather obviously be a scout and is seen in the game mode trailer even though all the scout spots are already accounted for. So I guess the first video may have had non-final menus, or maybe the slots aren't tied to chassis but to something else.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I don't think it was Grimlock. I think the character in question is a Jet, but I don't think it was Grimlock. Regardless of Grimlock being a land-based dinosaur or one with wings/fins, no vehicle on this planet resembles a dinosaur. I actually wouldn’t care what Grimlock or any other Dinobot turned into so long as they weren’t dinosaurs. Sure it might make more sense for Swoop to be an airborne vehicle, but I wouldn’t be ticked if he were something else entirely. The War Within vehicle modes were interesting, but anyhting would have been fine.

Who’s to say they couldn’t be alien saurians? Trypticon is designed after some sort of lizard after all.

14. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

Because the devs had repeatedly said there's four vehicle types (car, truck, tank, jet). Trypticon can do the dinosaur thing because it's its robot mode.

EDIT: oh wait, you didn't specifically meant in the game?

15. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

Every Decepticon jet(Starscream,Skywarp ect.) is not a scientist doh....look at there abilities.....the vehicle type has nothing do with the actually named Decepticons or Autobots class.

16. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    Yeah, but you have to remember that Starscream's chassis is the same as Thundercracker's and Skywarp's. Probably when you punch up multi-player and go to design your particular con and want a Seeker there's probably only one chassis option for a Seeker. The chassis are probably not even labeled after the characters they're based off of, they're probably just labeled something basic like "Chassis 1, Chassis 2" etc.
    So, in campaign the characters have different class types, regardless of their chassis', but in multi they're split up into the categorized system we've already heard explained by Tieg and the guys at High Moon.

Personally, I'm hoping that we haven't seen all the characters that will be playable in the game. I've got my fingers crossed that that character art we've seen for Onslaught and that unnamed Autobot tank mean they're going to be playable in game characters (after all, so far the Cons only have one truck and the Autos only have one tank, and these guys would even that balance out more). Not to mention the number of additional characters you get the option of customizing (I hope) from exclusive characters offered from retail pre-ordering and future potential DLC characters who will provide more chassis' to choose from.