CrazyDevy Upgrade Sets for G1 Constructicons and Devastator Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Apr 2, 2010.

1. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    this really updates devestator to classics status in my opinon. Much better than constructicon maximus.

2. K1dnotorious

K1dnotorious Old Skool Like Kup

if Constructicon Maximus had a fansproject treatment including a new head I would be very interested in that as well

3. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I do agree it's expensive. I do also say that it's a collectors piece. As most collectors are the only ones that are able to spend that much money. I think it's worth it. I love the look of my Devastator now. And i didn't have to pay thousands of dollars to get a good looking one. But i don't think it's fair to compare CrazyDevy to Fansproject...at all. First, look how much Fansprojects first kit goes for now. It's insane. Secondly, Fansprojects probably sell their products in the 1000s of pieces range. While Devy probably is limited to only 100s. That's a big difference and an even bigger reason, in my opinion, why Devy charges more. They aren't producing as many as FP does to be able to cover their initial cost. FP can make Bruticus pieces at a low cost because of that fact alone. Because they're selling a hell of a lot more to places such as BBTS, TFsource and others. And they know they'll sell them. They're just a much bigger company. With time, who knows...Devys stuff may come down in cost as well. But really, your idea of ludicrous isn't obviously what mine is. People don't need to drive around in 100,000 dollar cars. But they do, because they want to an because they can afford it. I'm happy buying this set. It seems like other people that buy it also enjoy having it. But as i said, i do agree with you..the price will put a lot of people off.

4. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    Just preordered the silver. I have no discipline. :rolleyes: 
    But I just put G1 Devastator together and his shitty legs make me sad. That photo of Devy with Classics Prime under his foot that optibotimus316 uploaded.... such a winwinwin.

5. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My personal favorite of the pictures i took is of Devastator holding Prime above his head haha

6. frilly toothpick

frilly toothpick Decepticrumb

$100 is worth it, if it makes devastator look that much better.

7. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Your video has sold me on this set. Is there any other place to get them besides BBTS?

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    You're the one who sold me on the set Paul because I had a really bad experience with their other upgrade kits for ROTF Legends Devastator. I got all my upgrade kits today, the quality looks great, I'm just waiting for my KO G1 Devastator to show up. Can't wait!

9. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    lucky you, my pieces are scheduled to be delivered tomm. I'm so antsy:lol 

10. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Nice video review. I'm awfully tempted but maybe if the price comes down and they're released in a box set.

11. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    All you guys that say you're getting the set...please let me know what you think about them. I like being able to go back to crazydevy and letting them know feedback from actual buyers.

12. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

They need to fix the leg connectors on the hip/thigh piece so the assembled figure doesn't fall over to the back. They also need to do sets of these add-on parts on discount, and not sell them piece by piece.

13. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, they need to do something. I have to fully extend Hook's grappling hook just so I can use that as some sort of a prop just to get him to stand straight

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Got my Devastator giftset today and I've finally been able to combine the whole thing with the 4 different Crazydevy kits. Wow! The end result is stunning. It looks like a masterpiece figure but retains the charm of the G1 toys since they're still there. Worth every penny imo. The right arm elbow connection is slightly loose as pointed out by Paul but it's easily fixable. The fingers do tend to pop off when you pose them, but it's not something I will touch very often anyway. Other than that, the plastic quality is excellent, the molding is excellent, the fit is excellent, the molding is excellent. Imo, this beats all the crappy overpriced so-called Masterpiece Devastator customs selling on Ebay because not only the combined form looks great, but also because there's no ugly partsforming involved with the individual figures. The kits are expensive, but ask yourself if you need toy X and toy Y and toy Z when you visit your local TRU or Wal-Mart and you will gradually save all the money you need to afford them all. You won't be disappointed if you're a Devastator fan.

15. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Awesome :rock 

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Finally got him all stickered!

[​IMG]

17. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Nice, now we just need to get the last set with the shoulder and waist. Should be anytime now.

18. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Any chance we can see this guy next to the new FP Bruticus Upgrade?

19. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know how you guys pull of the amazing balancing act with this guy, it's been over a week and I still have to use his crane as support

20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Arms forward, it helps.

I'll have the Bruticus upgrade kits on Monday, I'll to post a picture of him, Superion and Devastator together if no one does it before me.