crazydevy site update!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Sioce, Jul 8, 2011.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love crazy devy sets. I just wish they would put all the pieces into a giant set. I would hate to see the costs for a set. Maybe something like 500.00 to 600.00 for a completed set in the future? I mean theres more coming out for every set, so none is finished yet. Maybe for the devestatoer set, a big sheild, a jet pack, big fins for the back, more weapons upgrades? Its endless.

2. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Ahrrrgggg!!! I'll try... But those legs pointing straight to the front drive me nuts.... :banghead: 

3. SSR

SSR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crazy Devy is hit and miss with me. Love the Devastator and Predaking. Thought some of their parts were pointless and a waste of time, like Superion head and Menasor mask. I want a Superion head with red visor not gold. The pricing is high, but thats because i think they produce so little in the run that it has to be that expensive. I wish they were a little more cost savvy to make the price lower, but oh well, I got some good upgrades for my G1 stuff.

As for Omega, I really an curious as to what it is going to be? Maybe a whole new leg system (tracks for the base that are articulated?) but that might be jumping the gun and putting up unrealistic expectations. Well see, but this has potential!

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    This! the only other thing i can imagine they might do is make more track for the tank to drive on.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That would be cool, if it somehow stored in (or replaced) the existing track on his back. A big collapsible track.

That would tempt me. Articulation (likely at the cost of his alt mode and/or walking function) does not, nor do faceplates or other minor upgrades.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  6. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why not just make a brand new Omega. There is really nothing they can do to redeem the old mold unless they make new parts for the arms/backpack/wings/legs/head/face. But then you'll have an OS thats more 3rd Party than original.

7. megamonkeytron

megamonkeytron Active Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. Predaking should be the baddest of the bad, and at the time I suppose he was, but those legs just put me off.

8. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    uh-oh another overpriced hand, foot, eyeball, fingernail, tooth.

FINISH THE SETS YOU ALREADY STARTED!!!!!

Too much to ask apparently.

9. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    It amazes me that whenever CrazyDevy announces a new upgrade people complain and/or get distressed about their prices, the way they release their upgrades piece-by-piece and their assumed lack of direction in completing one combiner at a time.

Really, why all the hate?

At the moment, there is no other 3rd Party Company that upgrades G1’s the way that CrazyDevy does so before you decide to go off and make negative comments about a company that’s passionate in upgrading vintage toys and making them something more than a few of us are excited about and look forward to buying, ask yourselves this... Can you do better?

:tumbleweed: 

If you don’t like what CrazyDevy is all about, do you feel entitled and the need to go out of the way to bash their efforts?

CrazyDevy is making upgrades for vintage toys for select collectors… It’s their niche… It’s what they do… It’s what they do very well and it’s what they have been doing since last year.

I, for one, support them and appreciate the fact that they are giving 20 plus year old toys modern makeovers while keeping true to the their G1 roots.

CrazyDevy’s Devastator and Predaking Upgrades can speak for themselves… There’s no denying that the overall aesthetics of these figures have improved over their original intended designs and that these upgrades add another dimension of coolness to them while still being G1.

Yeah, you can argue that Fortress Maximus, Superion, Piranacon, Menasor and Bruticus all still need to be completed and that CrazyDevy is everywhere in terms of their projects, but have you ever stopped to think that there’s more than one person working one these projects at a time?

I personally don’t mind CrazyDevy working on several projects at once then releasing them individually over time because it gives those of us who are interested a variety to choose from validating the fact that CrazyDevy is continuing to “Power Up the Vintage” and that’s a great thing… At least, to me.

Anyways, I look forward to CrazyDevy’s next move… Bring on Omega Supreme! :rock 

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for the eighty dollar Sky Lynx wings.

11. CURAMEN

News Credits:
    Seriously, you should be better than that.

Anyways, to each there own.

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Sky Lynx kicked Predaking's candy ass every time they fought. He deserves to look the part, with articulated wings, claws and maybe some gatling cannons. The most badass primitive in G1 should look his best!

13. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hoping for more tracks. Getting tired of him just going in circles.

14. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Pretty much agree... except with the "can you do better?" riff. That's just not an arguement, in my book. Taken to it's logical extreme, very few people would ever have a valid viewpoint. Roger Ebert can go home, 'cause "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" sucked, so his critical opinion is worthless!

Anyway.

A faceplate is the only "obvious" thing I can think of, save for some LEDed up parts. Not too keen on that... but I've yet to get around to getting an Omega, so something cool might make me go for it.

15. CURAMEN

News Credits:
    I thought you were being sarcastic with the price and all, but on that note... Articulated Wings, Claws and Cannons on Sky Lynx would be awesome, but hopefully the wings will cost less than $80.

16. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Each person is entitled to his/her own opinion.

Get off your high horses people.

If we want to complain about a company we can all we like.

I tell it like I see it. :p 

All emotions in feedback or replies are valid. and sarcasm attached shouldn't make a reply any less Valid.

So continue to feel free buying toes and fingers all you like.

My money will be going to more complete sets of items like that of Fansproject or TFClub or the higher end 3rd party companies make.

17. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds cool but I don't like CrazyDevys prices. Pass.

18. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    It's always the same cycle with these threads, Curamen. Piece-meal, high prices, toy breakage, etc. It's best to just ignore them since most of them are just going by what they've "heard" from a lone cases of problems and never really pay attention to the majority of people who actually have these parts that work, fit properly and have nothing broken. People are very passionate when they're negative on these boards, or any forum for that matter, so it's best to just focus on the positive stuff in the threads...

...to get back on topic, I'm very curious as to what these upgrades can be. CD has been the reason I bought a Superion, Devastator, and 2011 Predaking so far and I'm on the fence about Piranacon, I wouldn't mind owning an Omega Supreme if I thought it was a must-have with these upgrades

19. CURAMEN

News Credits:
    Good for you. :thumb 

Why waste your time on this thread? :trolls: 

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    They left a pretty sour taste on the predaking wing when it damaged the vintage wings, and its not so much that they damaged it. Its how they handled the reviewers, like Optibotimus. It gave me a feeling of "lets cover it up".

People have the right to speak their minds when they seriously like OR dislike about a subject. As for why I chose to post here? I have time. Just like most members here, time to waste.